Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

gic
New Contributor
gic
My Device: Not Specified

Maps cannot receive data...

Hello !!

Something very strange happens to me and I'm very embarrassed...  I try to explain

I live in China but previously, BB hadn't service provided by China Telecom, so same than everybody here, I has a BB account in Hong Kong.
For daily communication, I have also a Pocket PC with a China Telecom SIM card.
Since 1 month, as BB is now available in China, I applied for a BB account for my China Telecom account.

So I have 2 SIM cards : 1 in Hong Kong for BB account and 1 from China Telecom for also BB account.

Here what is my problem.
When I insert my China Telecom SIM Card in my PPC, MAPS runs perfectly (satellite views are downloaded, location is provided, ..)

This is the same when I insert my BB HK SIM card in my PPC, everything is perfect !

With my Curve device, there is a problem.

With my BB HK SIM card inserted, in Maps, satellite views are downloaded and location is detected.
But when I insert my China Telecom SIM Card in my Curve, it doesn't work. Data cannot be downloaded whereas no parameters are changed. That's very strange and very frustrating !

Does anybody can help me ?

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Maps cannot receive data...

hello,

do you have a data plan with your China Telecom subscription ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
gic
New Contributor
gic

Yes I have ! I can connect to internet and send MMS. And the speed is very good !
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

in the US, some carriers disable the Blackberry Maps application. Check if China Telecom does the same.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
gic
New Contributor
gic

Thanks

But what is very strange is that with the same SIM card and the same carrier, before the upgrade to BB account (so, just with the phone and dat contract, Maps ran perfectly...

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

hello,

then I did not underxtand what you explained.

can you detail what worked and what works ?

-> before/after with SIM card 1
-> before/after with SIM card 2

Please use plain text.