Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
alanhodge
My Device: Not Specified

Media Manager

[ Edited ]

I've got an 8700, with 4.1 system in it, as previously advised I downloaded 4.2 Service pack as my Desktop manager.

When I open the Media Manager and Roxio comes up, I can open all my Media photos & music, up the top, but cant tansfer it down the bottom & on to my phone - message displayed 'There is no device connected', even though I am well & truly plugged in.

Is there a setting in the phone to accept photos & tunes into pictures & ringtones?

Message Edited by alanhodge on 04-08-2008 04:55 PM
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
JeremyKitching
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Media Manager

In order to transfer media files to the BlackBerry 8700g you will need to using handheld operating system v4.2.1 or higher. Media Manager cannot connect to devices with the 4.1 handheld operating system.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
alanhodge

Thanks Jeremy,  How do I get 4.2 into my phone  - do I have to buy it, get it installed at a Blackberry shop, or download it to the phone?

(I'm only a new user of BB)

Thanks,  Alan

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor I
JeremyKitching
My Device: Curve 8900

The very latest OS of 4.2.1 for the 8700g is listed here, along with the instructions for installation:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8700-series-discussion/119438-latest-os-8700-4-2-1-192-4-2-1...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
alanhodge

Just 4.2 onto my 8700

Thanks heaps jeremy, you are a champion of knowledge.

The ringtone is very soft though, have been perusing all the forums - nobody seems to be able to fix it.

Many thanks for your time & trouble.

Alan

Please use plain text.