Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

mantzsl21
My Device: Not Specified

Media Player

I recently put a few songs onto my Blackberry Pearl and renamed them after loading them.  They show up the name that I named them but when I play them they still show up the track title.  For example the song name may be "Heaven" and I renamed it that but when played it shows up "Track 4 - unknown artist".  Is there a way of fixing this or is it a "just live with it" situation?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
smcdonaldaz

Re: Media Player

I changed the name of one of my songs and it only changed the file name, not the song title which is probably encoded in the song file itself.  I noticed that in Guns-n-Roses folder the song file names are preceded with a number.  In the media player the title displayed does not have the number.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jbaveja

I have been banging my head on the wall with this one for MONTHS. Not possible as far as I have been able to tell. Naybe changing the properties using the Roxio Manager, or on the PC, before you load the file, seems to be the only option to make that work.

Please use plain text.
cmuncy

You need to get an id3 tag utility to rename the embedded filename.

Do a google search for it, there are several free ones out there.

try http://www.nonags.com for it.  ( free, no popups, all the sw is checked and rated)

Chris

Chris Muncy
IT Coordinator
Frontier Materials Concrete
Please use plain text.