Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
RIMFan
My Device: Not Specified

Message Ring Tones/ Alerts Issue

[ Edited ]

Storm 9530: I have set a Ring Tone for incoming messages for a particular Contact (Contact Alerts). However, sporadically, other messages will trigger this unique Ring Tone. Also, if I select the "Vibrate Only" sound profile and revert back to "Normal" incoming SMS messages will continue to vibrate without an audible tone. Please note that the Phone alerts always work consistently. This is a minor bug, but just wondering if anyone has discovered a workaround. Thanks!

Message Edited by RIMFan on 08-28-2009 12:24 PM
Developer
CrackBerryDavid

Re: Message Ring Tones/ Alerts Issue

I have the BB Curve 8900 and can chime in that there are ring tone issues with the BB software. It is a 50/50 chance as to what ring tone will play when I receive a phone call, email, or SMS when I have it plugged into the computer to charge. Some times it will play the assigned ring tone (which the sound file is on my media card) and some times it will play the BB default sound. I have just been dealing with it.
New Contributor
RIMFan

Thanks for confirming my sanity! I'm sure RIM takes note of these issues and will consider resolving in their next release of the software.
SDJohnson
My Device: 9850 Torch II

All my Alerts just disappeared like they went into hiding somewhere... Help!?!?