Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Meditel

Mobile Hotspot

Hello, I have just bought the white 9900 and it came with the OS7.1, but doesn't bring the hotspot feature intalled?

I've tryed to update the software (though that maybe could be it) but decktop software is telling me that at the moment there is not any updated to do..... this is strange!

Could anyone advis eme on this issue?

Thanks

Adri

Solutions: 6,112
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Mobile Hotspot

The mobile hotspot feature is dependent on two things:

1. Your operating system release level must be at OS7.1.0.400 or greater
  2. Your mobile provider must allow that feature.

What is your Operating System loaded to your device? Look at Options > Device > About, third line down beginning with a "v.7.0.x.xxx", What is yours?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Hello, thanks for your reply.

The carrier alows it, as i used to use this feature on 9900 i had before.

OS is 7.1 Bundle 1149 (7.1.0.342, Platform 5.1.0.276)

I even though about put the OS7.0 and them update to 7.1, to see if it worked.

What do you think i should do?

Thanks in advance

Adri

silva277 wrote:

OS is 7.1 Bundle 1149 (7.1.0.342, Platform 5.1.0.276)

You need to upgrade to a higher level OS release to enable the Hotspot feature.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Hi, Thank you very much! :smileyhappy:

My BB descktop software tells me that there are no upgrades available for the my device.... (i've updated the desktop softwear V7.1) and am trying again...

Is there another way to do it, please?

Thanks

Adri

Device operating system releases are "released" by specific carriers once they have certified and trained their support techs, but still, you are able to load to any carrier's same model by following the instructions below.

See the link below for the download, and follow these simple installation instructions.

Do a backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion.

1. Download the OS file to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=14491B756B3A51DAAC41C24863285549

2. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." (You might have another Vendor.xml file hiding on your computer. Open Windows Explorer and under the Organize button (on Windows 7, there are similar tools for Vista and XP) click on "Folder and search options." Under the View tab, make sure that your computer is set to show hidden folders and files. Once you've done this, search your C:\ drive for "Vendor.xml".)

3. Plug in BB and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in the same place as the above vendor.xml file.

**Starting with the later OS6 releases, there are now three copies of VENDOR.XML
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 32-bit Windows XP/Vista/7)
==========OR============
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader (for 64-bit Windows Vista/7)
C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
C:\Documents and Settings\*name*\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
You can also just search for VENDOR.XML. Make sure that you choose ADVANCED SEARCH and include hidden files. It should show the file in at three locations. Delete every copy that it finds.

Note: Some users might worry they will void their device warranty by loading an OS from another carrier. There is really nothing to worry about. Please read more information on that here: http://www.port3101.org/power-users/296-blackberry-os-upgrade-including-betas-myths-dispelled.html

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Thank you so much! I'll try and advise in case of any issues!

Adri

Contributor

Sorry, but the software from link you gave me is v.5.0.

Is this waht you wanted me to download?

Sorry just to be sure! you know this is hard for me, I'm not an expert... so everyhing had and is the doubly difficult.

Thanks

Adri

Contributor

upppss: it is okay, I'm downloading: BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2061 (Multilanguage)

Contributor

Hello J Sanders,

I have susscessfuly downloaded and updated my BB 9900 (white).

But still don't have the hotspot available, neither BB travel, etc.... This is strange.

My phone is sim free, for whihc i should be able to conect it whatever carrier and do the blackberry brand updates available...

DOn't know.....  :smileysad:

Can you stoill help in any way?

now: OS 7.1 Bundle 2061 (v7.1.0.714, Platform 5.1.0.532)

Thank you in advance

Adri