Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
kimmylouella
My Device: Not Specified

Multi user chat software

I have been searching for multi user chat software.  I assist with real-time information on weather events in my state.  Our meterologist has set up a chat room where all of us input real time events in our local areas across the state or verify funnel clouds or tornadoes on the ground when radar indicates the possibility of such.  We are required to have a gmail account and run it with pidgin.  It is set up on muc.appriss server.  I got my 8320 to be able to do it when I a mobile.  However, I need a program that will allow multiuser chats from the gmail on the BB.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
-silentmax-

Re: Multi user chat software

i dont know about gmail chats but yahoo messenger conference works increadibly well i use this almost everyday on my 8700 chatting with groups of 15 and sometimes more. its pretty good
kimmylouella

Thanks, but he has. The whole state under the gmail. Don't think they will alter it for just me. Most are mac and iphone users so their suggestions aren't helpful. The. Desktop is stable with pidgin but need it on the BB. It runs 24/7 with as many as 120 on in severe weather situstion.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
NickfromIL

It is unfortunate that they aren't all BB users, as them you could use BB Messenger.
http://www.blackberryboards.com
http://wiki.blackberryboards.com - FAQ
Please use plain text.
Contributor
safri

kimmylouella wrote:
I have been searching for multi user chat software.  I assist with real-time information on weather events in my state.  Our meterologist has set up a chat room where all of us input real time events in our local areas across the state or verify funnel clouds or tornadoes on the ground when radar indicates the possibility of such.  We are required to have a gmail account and run it with pidgin.  It is set up on muc.appriss server.  I got my 8320 to be able to do it when I a mobile.  However, I need a program that will allow multiuser chats from the gmail on the BB.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
How about JiveTalk or IM+? You can have multiuser chats with it. It's FREE on trial basis. If you like you can buy it after familiarizing yourself with it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.