Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Dev_Guy10
My Device: Bold 9790

Need IMAP client, Can't use BB built-in client.

I'm an BB user and just got my brand new BB Bold 9790 (upgrading from Curve 9300). Everthing works fine.

The problem is that my operator (Comviq/Tele2 in Sweden) don't support/provide BIS and for that reason I can't use the builtin email app.

However, Data Network (3G), MMS, Browsing the web works just fine.

Have installed LogicMail but it loses connection almost 5 times a day I have to reboot the phone to get it to work again. That is very annoying.

Is there any other Free or Paid app that works atleat as good as the builtin app if not better? and Is there anyway to get the built-in one to work with my current settings and options?

Appreciate your help.

Don't want to pick up my iPhone again. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Need IMAP client, Can't use BB built-in client.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The built in email app requires a BIS-level data plan from the carrier. If they do not provide that, then you are out of luck as far as any of the BB-proprietary services are (and there are many). I do not know of any successful 3rd party email apps for BB's...there just are so many other "lost" services by not having BIS that most people either get BIS or move off of the BB platform.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Dev_Guy10
My Device: Bold 9790

Despite what the FAQ guide tells about the BIS account and what will not work without it.

I have my BB Bold 9790 right now, using a prepaid sim without BIS account. 

I can Surf the web, send recieve sms/mms, sending and recieving emails using LogicMail with push notification ,all that over 3G. And they work just fine.

Isn't there any other IMAP client other than LogicMail?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

The FAQ is generic...it has to be since there are hundreds of carriers in the world, each with dozens of different data plan levels. It's impossible to know exactly what will work on any specific data plan...only that carrier can say what exactly will work on their data plans.

I've only used the built-in BB BIS/BES-based email services, and have no experience with any other email clients developed for the BB platform.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.