Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

baraeb
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: XL Axiata

Need an urgent Help

I'm a Blackberry user for years, but recently a bad incident happened, as I lost my phone, or stolen to be precise, just this morning. But just this night, I recently got an information that someone perhaps the one that stole my phone is using my Blackberry Messenger and changed my display picture with another personal photo of mine. Given the sensitive information within that phone, and very personal data in it, I'm very concern upon the possibility of a misused of my phone and personal information in it. So I desperately need help and advice on this problem of mine, if there's any way to block that phone of mine remotely, or wipe the data out of it or simply just disabling the Blackberry Messengers features. I already asked my provider to block my sim card, but they said I need to ask Research in Motion if I want to block my device remotely. So I really need your help right now. My Device was a Blackberry Javelin and my provider was Telkomsel

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Need an urgent Help

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It's a pity that your carrier fobbed you off...you see, asking anything here DOES NOT constitute asking anything of RIM. These forums are a user-to-user community, not a user-to/from-RIM channel. Only via escalation from a carrier can you receive any formal support from RIM for free.

As far as what to do, your carrier and the authorities are your sole sources of action, unless you previously availed yourself of one of the following:

1) The FREE BB Protect app...if you installed and configured it, you can use it now to protect your BB.

2) If you had assigned a device-lock password, your BB would have not been usable and would have wiped itself clean once the thief tried unsuccessfully too many times to unlock it.

3) If you had obtained obtained a 3rd party protection app, you could activate it now to do whatever it might be able to do.

As you can see, the time to do something about this is, like insurance, BEFORE the need arises. If you've not done any of the above things, then you are at the mercy of your carrier, the authorities, and the thief (who now, btw, has access to ALL of your data on that BB, contacts and all).

I suggest you log into your email accounts that were integrated to the BB and change those passwords now. Also log into BIS and remove the email configurations for your email accounts, and change the BIS password. That will block a few things, at least.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.