Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Visitor
desperate

Need help!!! Phone is completely blank!!!

My son purchased the BlackBerry Curve 8310 while we were on vacation.  On the 5th day, he kept entering his password incorrectly until the phone wiped itself clean.  It now only shows "JVM Error 513".  I found the KnowledgeBase article that shows that the Desktop software needs to be installed on the computer to reinstall the applications.  I installed the software, but when I connect the phone to the computer, the Desktop software says the following: "The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer.  Contact your wireless service provider or your system administrator."  Is there a place to download the Device Software for this phone?  When I talked to AT&T after this happened, they indicated it is not their problem and that it is a BlackBerry problem.  There must be a fix for this.  I have a hard time believing that he paid $400 for this phone and that it is dead.  It is absolutely beyond me anyway why the phone would wipe itself clean after someone enters the password incorrectly (although it was 10x).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
DigitalFrog
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Need help!!! Phone is completely blank!!!

The 10x bad password feature is a standard security feature to prevent data theft if the device is lost or stolen.  If this is on the public network, ATT would be the one that activated that feature, if he is using a company account via BES server, the company BES admin will have implemented that.  We recommend to are people that they call the support line from another phone when they get to 5 bad passwords, as it can be reset remotely.

To get the software, (which AT&T should have been able to provide to you) try this link:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

posted by DigitalFrog
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Need help!!! Phone is completely blank!!!

I don't understand why AT&T did this to its subscribers!!!

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.