Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: bb 9700

Re: New Bold 9700 not connected to BB Internest service

hey i guys im having the problems as the original poster, however i do have a blackberry bis data plan and my phone is unlocked. the pin is free. and i am just unable to create an account on the fido.blackberry.com site. any help plz. both fido and rim associates that ive tlked to on the phone are clueless about why my phone is not working. thnx so much.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Ginuwine wrote:

hey i guys im having the problems as the original poster, however i do have a blackberry bis data plan and my phone is unlocked. the pin is free. and i am just unable to create an account on the fido.blackberry.com site. any help plz. both fido and rim associates that ive tlked to on the phone are clueless about why my phone is not working. thnx so much.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

And you've already tried everything (and I really mean EVERYTHING) in this entire thread? If so, then you are pretty much out of luck...BIS is hosted by the carriers. It is not a device function. If your carrier cannot deliver BIS to your device, then there's nothing anyone else can do...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

ya i have. i even went back and exchanged phones. but i even know people that have the 9700 that are on bis using the same network... its just killing me. i ve been on the phone with different associates for lke over 10 hours within the last two days. :smileysad:

Hall of Famer II

Ding!!!! "Exchanged phones"...did BIS work on the first one? If so, then it is possible that the carrier did not fully migrate your BIS account to the new one. Regardless, it's still in the carriers ballpark to resolve as BIS is a carrier-provided service. Make sure you are getting escalated to the carriers dedicated BB Support folks...they can in turn escalate into RIM if needed.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

nope the original didnt work either, thats why i went back to exchange this one. and ive tried to escalade to the top, but they are still clueless. i have also contacted rim and they are saying that is all on the carriers side and not my phone.... i just want this to work... i cant believe the trouble that imi facing lol

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Hey I'm having the exact same problem. My service provider is fido as well, I was wondering if you got it fixed and if so how? I'm still having troubles getting my service to work and I'm pretty sure I've tried everything in every forum.

Hall of Famer II

The carriers indeed control the BIS accounts. RIM provides the infrastructure that stuff traverses, but the carriers control the accounts. Only suggestion is to keep trying.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Hello Aaronmakkc,

It would seem that we both share a similar  problem, The odd thing with my situation is the BBM was working.

Contacted my provider and they where not able to help ! All the steps you attempted in your prior posting I have done and still no luck , I have even tried a different BB and all my services work on the that  BB is running and working able to connect and BBM, send and receive emails,

Would you mine providing some info on how they resolved the issue.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

I too am with Fido and also fighting with them, they have indicated that this has to do with the phone, but either way they are no help!

The Odd things is the phone was working a few days ago to precise   25 Feb was the last day i was able to connect send / receive message even use BBM! One of the tech confirmed that there was an outage last wk Thursday 25 Feb which caused all 3G service to go down, what a coincidence the same day I lost services!

I have tested with another BOLD 9700 it is able to connect and all the services are running,

If you're able to make any head way with FIDO please let me know!

Thanks