Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
mobifree
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: New Message Icon - Can't find the messages! :)

Go into the messages folder and press the letter U (for Unread) if it gives you a "No unread messages in list" alert, then you may have to wipe the device to get rid of the indicator.

I've had this a half dozen times over the course of my life owning Blackberry devices.

Please use plain text.
GeniaNC
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Verizon

OMG!  Thank you so much.  I've been staring at this message indicator and couldn't find the darn message.  It was driving my OCD self CRAZY!!!!  I thought I had already done this but apparently I didn't.  I checked saved messages and there it was.  Thank goodness!!

Please use plain text.
art123
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Vodafone

If the problem is still unsolved ...

I had similar issues with my Blackberry Curve 9300. But this started after I had used the "Delete prior" command. i.e. Originally it was showing all messages but after using this command only the unread icon started coming up and the inbox appeared to be empty. (My BB is configured for office mails).

What I did was to search for the message as explained by many others in reply to your post and then I sent a reply to that message (to my own gmail i.e. personal account).

After that it started to show messages again!

Please use plain text.
larrazabal
My Device: Storm 9800
My Carrier: Telcel

On my Torch "messages" folder, within "options" and then "Message Display and Actions" my Display Style was set on "Group by Subject". Although useful, this mislead me because the latest grouped message was read but there was an older message from this sender that I didn't read. Thanks for your help. It was a solution..

Please use plain text.
ariane_stewart
My Device: blackberry curve8520
My Carrier: o2

i did this and found my messages but do i have to go through all this everytime i receive a text message just to read it because new messages are still not coming up in my inbox. help please??????

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

ariane_stewart wrote:

i did this and found my messages but do i have to go through all this everytime i receive a text message just to read it because new messages are still not coming up in my inbox. help please??????

Depending on your OS level, your device OS may have an option to dictate what shows in Messages (it's not "inbox"):

• Homescreen > Messages > blackberry_logo.jpg > Options > (Main Message List Settings) or (Inbox Settings) or (Inbox Management) > uncheck what you want to suppress in Messages

If you have separated SMS/MMS from the main Messages app, then there should be a separate icon for those. If not, maybe you moved or hid it?

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alanrobinsonleigh
My Device: 8700v
My Carrier: o2 uk

also have this problem on the 8700v and have followed all tips on this post but still wont go away

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
alanrobinsonleigh
My Device: 8700v
My Carrier: o2 uk

solved. battery pull did the trick

Please use plain text.
prash_hinge
My Device: Blackberry Perl 9910
My Carrier: Mobily

I was able to find the unread message bu going to the menu-show all. When I did this the Blackberry message box got displayed an the messages and update message was there in that mail box. I deleted the messages and the New message icon was gone. I hope this resolves your issue too.
Please use plain text.
cgb002
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Virgin

New instructions...

• KB21879How to search for unread messages on the BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck and let us know!

-  -  -  -  -  -  -

Anyone had any luck with this? Tried all the above and still nothing - anymore suggestions?

Please use plain text.