Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

shaypey
My Device: Not Specified

Newbie : Desktop & Themes

[ Edited ]

Greetings!

I am a new Blackberry owner.  Typically I find myself to be competent in these areas, but this thing is WAY smarter than I am!

Can someone assist with a few questions:

How do I get new Themes?

How do I rearrange and choose what Icons are showing on my Homescreen? [especially important!]

Where are all these applications I can put on the phone?  I can't seem to figure out what they are talking about >.<

Thanks!

It is a Pearl 8120.
Message Edited by shaypey on 04-26-2008 06:36 PM
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
payroll
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Re: Newbie : Desktop & Themes

To move the icons on your homescreen- Go to the icon you want to move, press menu, and click move. Then move to where you want it to be.

You can try to find some themes for your phone on google. 

CEO/Editor In Cheif
www.SmartphoneNation.com

Please use plain text.
Contributor
javatyger
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: Newbie : Desktop & Themes

[ Edited ]

A great site for new theme is Themes4BB, which have tons of FREE themes to download.

To install, you click the OTA(over-the-air) download link and install it. Then go to Options (the wrench), Themes and click on the one you want to activate.  These do take up a lot of room on your device, so make sure you have enough.

Other option is installing using the desktop manager, which you should have installed(the disk that came with the 'berry), install the Device software located on the BlackBerry website here, then choose your provider and device type. After installation, connect your 'berry to your computer, choose the icon on the left to add programs, then navigate to the folder where you downloaded the .zip file with the theme in it, and install it.

Message Edited by javatyger on 04-27-2008 02:08 PM
-- Lonnie (aka javatyger)
Please use plain text.