Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
vicumengan
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Sun Cellular

No OS 6.0 available for 9700 updating in blackberry desktop software

I'm having trouble updating my bb 9700. And previously used OS 6 in my bb 9700 after downgrading to OS 5. And now i decided to bring OS 6 back to my phone but there is no OS 6 available. can someone can help me back my 9700 to OS 6??  

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: No OS 6.0 available for 9700 updating in blackberry desktop software

Hello,

The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

4) If that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5) Launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

Don't forget to backup.

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vicumengan

[ Edited ]

1. I uninstalled my BB OS

as shown here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=988A46DDEDE27B7A!2378&authkey=!ANlwJAqy7850HiM

2. I already have Blackberry Desktop Software latest verion 7.1

as shown here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=988A46DDEDE27B7A!2380&authkey=!ACCZsliMPse5JDQ

3. I already downloaded and installed BB OS 6.0 

as shown here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=988A46DDEDE27B7A!2379&authkey=!AMn91509VAjjSmk

4. Im not sure if what os package i have in my phone now. My bb is originated from AT&T different from my service provider which is Sun Cellular here in the Philippines.

As from ur instructions i delete all copies of VENDOR.XML

from folder (Apploader) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader 

here as shown: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=988A46DDEDE27B7A!2381&authkey=!AEqwir4ezFwZzYQ 

4.1 And as I run my Application Loader to check my application and found this saying that my BB Desktop Software does not have the BB Device Software. 

here as shown: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=988A46DDEDE27B7A!2378&authkey=!AEis8_LTiv2PJc0

Question: What does it mean saying that my BB dont have the BB Device Software? Which u can see in my screenshot that i have BB Device Software OS 5 is currently installed?

5. As I lunch the Desktop Software and connect my  BB to usb port having no trouble.

But still OS 6.0 dont appear on update

as shown here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=988A46DDEDE27B7A!2377&authkey=!AOYdeE3jplIWrzU

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Sorry...I do not have SkyDrive, and it requires a login to see your screen images. Please put them somewhere that does not require authentication (or just insert them directly into your own post here). But, from only your words:

vicumengan wrote:

4. Im not sure if what os package i have in my phone now. 

This is how you check:

• KB23393 How to check the model number and version of installed BlackBerry device software on a BlackBerry smartphone

vicumengan wrote:

4.1 And as I run my Application Loader to check my application and found this saying that my BB Desktop Software does not have the BB Device Software.  

When this is all correct, you actually should not even get to that point...when you launch the Desktop Software and attach your BB, the Desktop Software should pop-up a window offering you the upgrade, before you even have any chance to make any selections at all inside of the Desktop Software. The only time that pop-up might not happen is if you happen to have installed, to your PC, the exact same version OS that your BB is already running (and perhaps if the version installed to your PC is older than what the BB is already running). But, if you have installed to your PC a compatible BB OS that is newer than what the BB is presently running, then the Desktop Software should prompt you for the upgrade before you can do anything at all inside of the Desktop Software.

Typically, these reasons are why that does not happen correctly:

• There is no BB OS package installed to the PC
  • The installed (to the PC) BB OS package is for a different model number BB
  • There is more than one BB OS package installed to the PC
  • The installed (to the PC) BB OS package is for the correct model number BB, but is from a different carrier than the BB's VendorID code, and the VENDOR.XML files were not properly deleted from the PC

vicumengan wrote:

Question: What does it mean saying that my BB dont have the BB Device Software? 

That's not what the message is about...it is not about what is installed to your BB. It is about what is installed to your PC...it cannot find a valid and compatible BB OS package installed to your PC for use to install to your BB. (The reasons stated above are the usual ones.)

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vicumengan

My OS package is Blackberry 9700  v5.0.0.603 (Platform 5.1.0.112)

After connecting my Blackberry smartphone to a computer via usb, shows that there is no OS 6 version available

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=988a46ddede27b7a&id=988A46DDEDE27B7A%212381&sff=1&authkey=!AEqwir4ezF...

sdgardne wrote: The installed (to the PC) BB OS package is for the correct model number BB, but is from a different carrier than the BB's VendorID code, and the VENDOR.XML files were not properly deleted from the PC

Question: How will i know if my BB OS package is the correct model number BB. I delete VENDOR.XML in Apploader folder

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

vicumengan wrote:

My OS package is Blackberry 9700  v5.0.0.603 (Platform 5.1.0.112) 

OK...so you are running 5.0.0.603.

vicumengan wrote:

After connecting my Blackberry smartphone to a computer via usb, shows that there is no OS 6 version available

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=988a46ddede27b7a&id=988A46DDEDE27B7A%212381&sff=1&authkey=!AEqwir4ezF...

Correct. What it appears to be showing you are OS packages presently sanctioned by the carrier that matches the VendorID of your BB, all of which are older than what you are already running. You must, therefore, already be running an OS package from a different carrier that what matches the VendorID of your BB.

Further, whatever OS package you installed to your PC is being ignored (for reasons already stated).

vicumengan wrote:

Question: How will i know if my BB OS package is the correct model number BB.

The filename of the OS package will include the specific BB model number with which it is compatible.

vicumengan wrote:

I delete VENDOR.XML in Apploader folder 

Then you may have missed one...there are two locations to dig deeply for. If either still exists, then the OS package will be ignored. I do not recall when the second VENDOR.XML file came into existence, so dig carefully for it as, if it does exist on your PC, then the package will be ignored.

You may prefer to skip the Desktop Software and directly run the LOADER.EXE app...it will be in the same folder as one of the VENDOR.XML files.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vicumengan

I found my Blackberry Device Manager is running 6.0.0.68 what doens it mean?

is it differs to blackberry device sofware?

As I run my AppLoader instead of Blackberry Desktop Software but still no update available after deleting  all VENDOR.XML.

How can i delete installed OS to change it to a newer version of Blackberry OS?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

vicumengan wrote:

I found my Blackberry Device Manager is running 6.0.0.68 what doens it mean?

is it differs to blackberry device sofware?

Irrelevant.

vicumengan wrote:

As I run my AppLoader instead of Blackberry Desktop Software but still no update available after deleting  all VENDOR.XML.

The same potential reasons, as already stated above, remain.

vicumengan wrote:

How can i delete installed OS to change it to a newer version of Blackberry OS?

Windows Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs (or whatever it is called in your specific version of Windows).

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.