Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

My Device: BlackBerry 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

No option to sync to Outlook 2007.

Help! I just got a new computer (Windows 7), and installed Outlook 2007. I installed the Blackberry Desktop software. I want to sync my BB 9700 with Outlook calendar and contacts. However, when I try to set up the sync in the Desktop Manager, the only sync options I get are <none>, ASCII Importer/Exporter, and Yahoo. I do not get an option to sync with Outlook. I  had no problem before.  I have the newest version of the BB desktop software. Please help!! Thanks
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: No option to sync to Outlook 2007.

Hello mbpi,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Smiley Happy

The following article should help you regarding Microsoft® Outlook® missing as a translator when attempting to configure synchronization with the BlackBerry® Desktop Software:

Microsoft Outlook is unavailable as a translator when synchronization options are configured on the BlackBerry Desktop Softwarehttp://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02362

We hope this helps.

Thank you.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: No option to sync to Outlook 2007.

Thank you for your help.  I now can't even get into my desktop software.  It's telling me "Before you begin, verify that your current BlackBerry device is connected to your computer"

I updated the software on my device to the most recent that was available when I could connect with my Desktop Software.

I checked my cord and I have no problem charging my BB on my computer.  I also tried another cord and no luck connecting with the desktop software.  I've also tried removing the battery from my BB and trying again, but no luck.

Please help!!!