Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
pomeroi
My Device: Not Specified

Not Recieving Attachments to incoming emails

Hi,

Would love it if someone could help me.

I have a BB Curve. My phone never receives any emails that have attachments for some reason ie excel, word docs,pictures

I have been testing sending emails with attachments via numerous email accounts I have with Google Mail and I know they are coming through correctly apart fromto the phone.

Any ideas as I seem to have run out of ideas as to why it is doing this?

Many thanks,

Andrew

PS Every other email does come through as it should if it does not have attachments.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Not Recieving Attachments to incoming emails

Hi and Welcome!

I've searched the public knowledgebase and can't find anything that directly discusses your issue. But, here are some articles that may or may not be useful.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB03265&slic...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB04792&slic...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10939&slic...

You can also search the KB articles. 

Best guess is to delete and re-create the BIS conduit.

Hope something there helps!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pomeroi

Re: Best guess is to delete and re-create the BIS conduit.

Thanks,

Could you explain how I would be able to do what you have suggested and would I lose anything from the phone by doing what you suggest?

Andrew

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Easiest way to manage BIS conduits, IMO, is via your carriers BIS website from a PC...from the BB I find it to be much more difficult. You can find your carriers BIS logon site here:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F

And the configuration instructions (after you have deleted it) are here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10154&slic...

What you will lose is all emails from that email account that are presently on the device. You will receive new emails after you have re-created the BIS conduit, but the old stuff will not be available on your BB. They will, however, remain on your email providers server -- which means you can still get to them via whatever other means your email service provides to you (web interface, Outlook client, etc.).

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pomeroi

Easiest way to manage BIS conduits, IMO, is via your carriers BIS website from a PC...from the BB I find it to be much more difficult. You can find your carriers BIS logon site here: http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F And the configuration instructions (after you have deleted it) are here: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10154&slic... What you will lose is all emails from that email account that are presently on the device. You will receive new emails after you have re-created the BIS conduit, but the old stuff will not be available on your BB. They will, however, remain on your email providers server -- which means you can still get to them via whatever other means your email service provides to you (web interface, Outlook client, etc.).

Sorry, now I know what you meant by BIS. 

Well, I have deleted all emails and recreated them but still no joy. I have tested sending to my device an email with attachment and it still never arrives.....

If its any help I use Google as my service provider.

Any emails that I have sent with attachments still arrive to Google - just not my BB. This is the only thing that the BB seems to be doing wrong. If it was something else I could probably live with it but not receiving certain attachments is driving me nuts!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Re: Not Receiving Attachments to incoming emails

OK, so refresh my memory with a couple of questions/clarifications:

1) The email with the attachment that is sent to your GMail account...does the email arrive on your BB, but just with no attachment?

2) Or does the email never arrive on your BB at all?

3) And, to be totally clear, the email does arrive to GMail, both via the GMail web interface as well as your PC Desktop email client, correct?

4) And, your PC desktop email client is configured to leave messages on the server, correct?

5) And, in your GMail configuration -- do you have it configured to face to BIS with IMAP, POP, or both?

I suppose that it is possible to be an attachment size issue...what is the size of the attachments you've tested with so far?

PS -- for these posts, there is a Quote button you can use that will insert text from the post you have clicked "Reply" from...it puts the text inside of horizontal lines so that it's easy for the next reader to distinguish quoted text versus new text. Another trick is to use color coding for either the quoted or new text. Intermingling the text (as in your reply post above here) makes it a little hard to quickly figure out which was quoted versus new text. I figured it out, btw...but using those tricks might make it easier for others to do the same. Just a thought. No worries!

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Diavola

If it was a size issue, the email would indicate this by saying it was truncated.  Something strange is happening if it is not giving the option at all to install attachments.  Is the blackberry attachment service showing in your application list?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pomeroi

Ahaa,

There is no attachment service showing in the applications list....

Please use plain text.