Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
AlaBala
My Device: Torch 9800

OS 6: WiFi problem. Any chance to resolve the problem with a downgrade?

[ Edited ]

So, I upgradated yesterday my Torch to OS 6 to discover my browsers (both OperaMini and the actual BB Browser) are unable to work using WiFi. From what I understand, this is due to the upgrade to OS 6 which now prevents me somehow to use my own WiFi!

I have a data plan with my provider, which is not an actual BB package, but a plan including internet services, and both browsers work fine when I am using it.

My question is: has anyone found a way to make the WiFi connection work?

Note: My device is connecting to my WiFi but I cannot use it (browsers not working when Mobile Network is disconnected and only WiFi is connected, with Data Services on). I have already tried rebooting my phone; resetting my router; deleting my WiFi profile from the phone and than re-registering. I have also tried this solution without success. 

Any help is greatly appreciated! 

As a side note: I wonder why one would actually buy a BB device if RIM is making simple things such as using his own WiFi such a big mess. 

EDIT: Seeing that apparently the problem I am facing is quite usual and no one seems to have a permanent solution (or is willing to share it), I am now wondering if downgrading the OS would resolve my issue. Any insight is very welcome as I don't want to mess around any longer. I am quite desperate already! 

Contributor
AlaBala
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: OS 6: WiFi problem. Any chance to resolve the problem with a downgrade?

I've partially resolved my problem. Here's a link where the solution is discussed.