Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

OS 6 for 9300 Curve? any news?

Any news on a release date for BB6 on the 9300 Curve 3G?
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: OS 6 for 9300 Curve? any news?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Authoritative forward-looking information is never available on this site. Once it is released by RIM (if indeed it is to be so...we cannot know for sure), it then would go to the carriers, who would then run their certification and training procedures...and only then would it be formally available to end users (from whichever carriers actually adopt it).

Once it's released, I'm sure that you can find more chatter about it in the forum dedicated to that model BB:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks.

Ok well I know that the 9300 Curve is OS6 ready so as far as I know its just a case of waiting, but just wondered if anyone had any info on it

Thanks again!
Solutions: 6,153
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

AaronDentHRT wrote:

Ok well I know that the 9300 Curve is OS6 ready so as far as I know its just a case of waiting, but just wondered if anyone had any info on it

It is in beta testing... I do know that from just reading about different forums.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code