Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
calebraymer
My Device: Bold

Re: OS 6 on 9300 Bugs

A lot of folks, including me, are having many issues with OS 6, but I have yet to see any viable responses from RIM or any solutions.
New Contributor
gokspabs
My Device: Curve 9300

Re: OS 6 on 9300 Bugs - SMS Storage Problem - SUPER FRUSTRATED CUSTOMER!!!

I got a 9300 in August and instantl upgraded to OS 6.0.0.2342. Strangely my text messages would get deleted in 30 days. I tried to find a solution in the manual, online and on the helpline but all of them said to change the days in the options menu which was NOT there. Then Feroz from helpline asked me to change the software to OS 6.0.0.2475. I did that and still the problem persists. I am very frustrated and to my utter despair, when I called to escalate this matter, Prem in the helpline disconnected the call 3 times.

This just says how professional this organisation is and how much they care for customer issues.

If there is anyone who has come across this and has a solution, please help. I am in a situation where I cannot buy a new phone else I would have thrown away this piece of trash. Alternatively if you have email address of someone who I can approach to ask for help who treats us like customers, please share.

Thanks in advance

Gokul

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: OS 6 on 9300 Bugs - SMS Storage Problem - SUPER FRUSTRATED CUSTOMER!!!

if you are on GMail then it is a setting on Google's side.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
Shhhhhhh_
My Device: blackberry curve 9300

Hello,

Please help me, I cannot update the software of my BB curve 9300, its OS is 5.0.0.832,           and I want to update it to OS6. Please help me.

Thanks and Godbless.

Contributor
Belwizzy
My Device: blackberry bold9700

Hi my problem is hw can I upgrade my blackberry bold9700 os6 to os7 because when I tried the wireless update it says my blackberry is up to date
Bel
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Belwizzy wrote:
Hi my problem is hw can I upgrade my blackberry bold9700 os6 to os7 because when I tried the wireless update it says my blackberry is up to date

Hello,

What you describe is the automatic process...the results of which are controlled by your carrier. Via any of the automatic processes, you can only install OS levels that your carrier has approved. But, you can get around that.

The simplest way is to, on a PC (you cannot do this on MAC):

1) Make sure you have a current and complete backup of your BB...you can find complete instructions via the link in my auto-sig below.

2) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

3) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

4) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

• http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
  • It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

5) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

6a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.

6b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:

If, during the processes of 6a or 6b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Belwizzy
My Device: blackberry bold9700

Thanks but I dnt have a pc can I upgrade without pc or dseskstop maneger
Bel
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Without a PC, you are restricted to the on-device OTA update. The on-device OTA update is controlled by your carrier as to available OS packages for your device. So, based on what you have said coupled with that, the answer is no.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code