Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
fusion1
My Device: torch 9850
My Carrier: Mtn
Accepted Solution

OS 7.1.0.580 for torch 9850 not updating.

hello, just downloaded the latest sprint update  for my torch from the swdowload website and installed it on the PC. when iconnect my device it doesnt detect the update from the new installation of 7.1.0.580. I'm currently using 7.1.0.402 which is a leaked version. I use blackberry desktop software 7.0 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: OS 7.1.0.580 for torch 9850 not updating.

Hello,

You did not say, so I cannot tell, if you are a Sprint customer or not...or, more specifically, if the VendorID of your BB is Sprint or not. But, of that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Now launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC. If, during the process, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

Further, make sure that you only have installed, to your PC, one BB OS package...having more than one installed to your PC can sometimes cause problems.

Alternatively, you can bypass the Desktop Software and proceed directly to Loader...from a PC, you can install any compatible (e.g., for your exact BB Model Number) OS package to a BB via this procedure:

Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. As above, if that OS package is from a carrier other than the carrier for which your BB was originally manufactured, then delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fusion1

Well in south Africa and the torch is an import..when I download the update it shows versions from sprint. when boot the welcome screen is blue with the Letter A. so not sure if its sprint or not. tried using the bbsak tool also but also pick up the update. I removed the vendor xml file.I'll try and get back to you.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

It is most likely the need to remove the VENDOR.XML file(s)...good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fusion1

owk, try and tell u. my keypad is acting up y must sentences don't add up. tried using apploader doesn't see the package , wipe the device using the bbsak tool and try load from there 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fusion1

Thanks alots, it worked. there were 2 vendor xml files indeed. i didnt know about the 2nd one in the Appdata folder. thanks you the best.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Sureshf
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: Cell c

Can u use internet with mtn

Hi i got also a 9850 on sprint an stay in port elizabeth, the thing is i cant use the internet an i am on cellc i tried also mtn but no luck. If u can pls tell me what settings u use. Thanx.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
fusion1

Re: Can u use internet with mtn

hey, well currently using mtn. my phone gas been unlocked to use S.A networks. the only network use is cell c which only has edge reception and it doesnt have service books for cell c as there is nothing under the host routing table. if you want to use the local networks, get it unloccked from where u bought it from. havnt tried 8ta

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Stonegod84
My Device: 9850
My Carrier: Digicel

I am not sure if you can help. I bought a 9850 through verizon over amazon. When i connected the phone to an older version of desktop manager the phone was recognized as a 9750. i did the relevant os and software upgrades to bb desktop software and to the phone itself. Did a restore of my contacts and files from a backed up 9630 i had before. Was on a call and after and i realised the phone shut down. Restarted it and the os was taking too long to load i removed the battery and and tried it again but the phone wouldnt come on. I removed the battery again and tried connecting it back to the same pc. Pc does not connect to the device nor does the red light come on. What should i do next.

Please use plain text.