Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

vashkevron
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Bell

OS 7.1 Killed my Curve 9360!

Brand new phone. Plugged in to Desktop Software to sync. Offered update 7.1.0.rel722. Said yes. Now it won't boot. Will try to reload OS 7.0.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: OS 7.1 Killed my Curve 9360!

[ Edited ]

First off, an official OS release cannot "kill" your phone.  Something went wrong somewhere, but your phone can be recovered.  Perhaps saying it "injured" your phone temporarily would be more appropriate.

Anyway, the wording is not important; you would just like to have your phone operating properly again.

What you'll need to do is plug your phone back in to your PC and open BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Currently, your phone is not booting and that has everything to do with a corrupt OS.  You need to plug it back in, get BDS to recognize it so it can reload your OS.  There's really no other way than that.

I hope that helps you.  Please post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.