Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

OS6 0.448 Browser Issues

Having difficulty with OS6 browser, I often get alerts that the page I'm trying to load is too large and will be closed. I also get alerts about not having enough memory to open pages and I also have issues with the browser closing without warning.

Firstly the memory. Before loading 6 I ensured that any superfluous apps were deleted, ultimately giving me 84MB of free space. Post load I think I was in the mid 50's MB but not too sure. After a while my available memory fluctuated to between 35-45MBs but never below this. Once the memory issues started to occur I deleted more apps upping my free space to 55MBs, this still didn't solve the issue.

A friend suggested that the unexpected closures might be due to Java running. I never had it enabled in 5 and haven't checked to see if it's enabled on the update but my point is that an update should be an improvement not a downgrade whether it's running or not. I can barely get through 2 pages without the browser closing for one reason or another and it's not like I'm visiting sites that have high visual or audio content.

Anyhow, any help is appreciated before I retro back to 5!

Cheers, Jonesy.

P.S. Other than the browser I'm loving 6!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: OS6 0.448 Browser Issues

what device?

what website pages?

did you do a battery pull?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Not Specified

Re: OS6 0.448 Browser Issues

I seem to have resolved the issue by installing RAM Optimizer from BBAW. Works well and invisibly.

In answer to your questions, I'm using a 9700 and the crashes didn't seem to happen on any one site. One was a constant though, Google Images. The browser would open the first page but if you scrolled further down it would crash unexpectedly or I would get the "page too large" or "low memory" warnings. Now everything seems to run a lot smoother than it did before.

Thanks for asking anyhow!