Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: OS6 upgrade - help needed!

Hey is BBSAK.org thing safe?

Super Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Yes, as long as you perform a FULL backup before you do anything, its safe
My Device: bold 9700

I have a Bold 9700 with T-Mobile. I, too, was having problems installing BB OS6. My phone was "bricked" with an error message 205.

Try this. While on Desktop Manager and connected tot  the internet, connect your handset with PC via cable. The handset will have its BATTERY REMOVED.

Screen will say: Blackberry desktop software cannot communicate with connected device. Click on Update. After checking for updates, click on View Other Versions.

Select OS version.

Handset will begin to synchronize.  After loading modules, the sync process will stall, maybe 15 minutes later. Screen may say:

Connection Prompt. X Application loader was unable to connect to your device....

Now insert battery and power on while still connected. If Connection prompt doesn't appear during the stalled synchronization, try inserting the battery anyway.

Completion of Installation of OS should follow.

Syncing without the battery may seem weird, but  maybe this process will work with other models and with other carriers.