Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Bradybug
My Device: Not Specified

OZMail Message

I keep getting e-mail messages on my new BlackBerry Curve 8310 that read as follows:

Mobile EmailOZMailCl=(followed by a bunch of letters and numbers)

I think it has something to do with receiving e-mails from my Yahoo account. It's like I'm being notified two times that I have a message. I read somehwere to take out the SIM card, install it back into my old phone, and delete e-mail account, but I tried and I can't figure out how to do this either. Help please!!  

Please use plain text.
kathy5508

Re: OZMail Message

Hi, I had the same problem and it was very annoying. I googled it and this solution:

Send text message of "stop" to "4884", which is the number to send the text message to.  It worked.

So far I haven't gotten anymore messages from "OZMAIL" Good luck!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Chk this KB:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10249&sliceId=SAL_Pub... 

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/messaging-internet/email/faq.jsp

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Please use plain text.
sflt36

Didn't work for me. Got message that say you will stop recieving Masters golf messages. Then got same ozmail message after that. Tried remove solution on old phone and that didn't work any other suggestions? AT&T wasn't any help either.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Seattlemedic7

[ Edited ]
I keep getting the same thing in a TEXT message, not an e-mail... what can I do??? I have send the STOP message and it still happens
Message Edited by Seattlemedic7 on 01-11-2009 07:16 PM
Please use plain text.
wildcatsam
My Device: Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

I have only had my Blackberry for a week now and I am getting the same Oz mail text.  I also tried everything you had and got the same Master Golf Message

Have you had any luck with anthgin else?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
busath7424
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

I found out from AT&T that these messages will stop after 14 days. If the messages don't stop after that time, then you can put the SIM card back into the phone it came out of, uninstall the Mobile Email application. Then, reinstall in your new phone.

If you have Verizon, I don't know if the 14 day window is true, but another user said that you go to your email provider (for example, Hotmail) and go to "options"--> "more options"-->"mobile alerts"--> "mobile alert filters". You can then set up a filter to not allow "OZ MAIL" to get through.

Hope this helps!!

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

Precisely!

This occurs when you have a mobile email client on a mobile device and then switch the SIM card into another device. It should automatically stop within the 14 day perion (sooner in most cases) once the email client figures out that it is no longer working. But busath7424 was absolutely right that you can go disable it in the initial device.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abbella
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: att

I have a brand new SIM card.....why am I still having this problem?

Please use plain text.