Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

My Device: Not Specified

Once the attachment is viewed on blackberry does it get stored on device like on desktop..

I am very new to this technology..

In case of desktop when some attachment is opened it automaticly gets stored in desktop's hard disk, even if the desktop is formatted, it is not possible to completely remove the attachments... All the attachments viewed in the desktop can be recovered..

So it it same with mobile device ?? when i view an attachment with my blackberry supported mobile does it get stored in its memory.. I am using Nokia E90..

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Once the attachment is viewed on blackberry does it get stored on device like on desktop..

BlackBerry handles attachments differently than your PC.  Assuming a BES environment, attachments are not pushed/pulled down to the device until you request them.  The BES server doesn't actually send the original attachment to your BlackBerry, but instead a specially rendered version of it that requires less space.  Sort of like sending a pdf rendering of a word doc instead of the doc itself.  If you forward the message on, the BES server uses the original from your mail file, not the rendered version, to send to your recipient since they might not be on a BlackBerry and would need the original format.
posted by DigitalFrog
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Once the attachment is viewed on blackberry does it get stored on device like on desktop..

VarietySteel wrote:

when i view an attachment with my blackberry supported mobile does it get stored in its memory.. I am using Nokia E90..

something gets stored... bu not the original attachment. As the previous person told you, when you decide to view an attachment, you don't view it in your handheld device. You view a modified version of the attachment (in order to enhance the rendering on small displays). That modified version is stored on your device. Depending on your brand & model, you may or may not be able to access it from something else than the mail message. hink of it like a Cache folder in Windows, but you may not be able to view the content of that folder.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: