Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
robin_royed
My Device: Bold -9780
Accepted Solution

Orange Star Notification - Bold 9780

Getting a Orange star Notification in My 9780 Bold.(There is no mail which are unread).Solution Please

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: Orange Star Notification - Bold 9780

Open your Messages icon, press the menu key and select View Folder.  Somewhere within one of those folders should be the message causing the notification.  If you can't find it anywhere in those folders, remove your battery while your phone is powered on then replace it.

I hope that helps you.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
robin_royed
My Device: Bold -9780

Great Great!!! It Works. I Found this Notification. it came as " Make Your BlackBerry Run Faster" - Advanced RAM Optimizer.

Thanks a lot.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
star_strewn_dna
My Device: Curve 9300

I have the same orange star and the "Advanced RAM optimizer" email, with one twist:  I can't actually open the email!

I can delete it (but the orange star remains).  When I take the battery out and re-insert it the "Advanced RAM Optimizer" email re-appears in my inbox.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nishaad786
My Device: Curve 9300 3G

That worked thanks. I cudnt figure out where the star came from??? Thanks.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
star_strewn_dna

I have a little bit more information.  The email is stored in the "apps" folder.  Having selected "view folder", I still can't view the email however, and deleting it leaves the orange star in notifications.

When I remove the battery and re-install it, the message comes back.

Please help me make the orange star go away!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pcarvacho001
My Device: Torch 9800

I've encountered this same issue. I can find the message easily enough, but nothing happens when I click on it, even after waiting 10 minutes. And deleting it doesn't make the orange star go away. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pcarvacho001
My Device: Torch 9800

Based on info from other posts... for my Torch 9800, I went into Device settings, and then into Application Management - this lists all of the applications installed on your phone, along with their distributors/manufacturers. I located an application made by AFBB and deleted it... PROBLEM SOLVED! For me this was a game called Metrix - an AFBB product. According to other posts, it's possible that installing an AFBB app may then allow AFBB to spam you. Don't know if it's true or not, but deleting my AFBB app removed both the yellow star and the message in my Inbox. The 'orange star' is for Advanced RAM Optimizer - also an AFBB product.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
star_strewn_dna

The previous post has solved this issue, many thanks.  I checked device settings and went into application management, and there it was, the Metrix application from AFBB.  Once I deleted it, my Blackberry rebooted and both message and orange star have now disappeared.

Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Hi,

I got a solution for this issue...

I too ws getting this icon on my notification bar bt when I ws clicking on this,nothing ws opening up as some people said tht BB Apps is opening up...

Solution- open "messages"(not the text messages) n there u will find a notification of some application wth the same star sign(in my case it ws tarrot card reader for BB),jst click on tht and if u dnt want tht App installed then jst close it...the star sign will be gone...

Hope this will help u... :-)

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please use plain text.