Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
chrisatkinson
My Device: Bold
My Carrier: Orange

Orange can't connect BB services

I purchased a BB for my wife she wants it to keep in touch with our young daughter is is relly into BBM. I purchased it before christmas but can get orange to connect the BBM service I have called their indian call centre at least 7 times they say wait for a text which never comes or say there is a problem with BB taking the monthly £5 they are very polite but I am no further forward. They definaly suggest this is a BB issue anybody know what's going on? Chris    

Please use plain text.
Developer
simply_abhik
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: Orange can't connect BB services

Hi chrisatkinson,

Welcome to the BB Community...

what kind of BB connection scheme have u taken from Orange...???I mean, is the scheme only includes BBM use or is it a normal BB Service which includes emails,internet,BBM etc

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up... :Yes:
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Chris... Indian? Are you in India, England or where, on Orange?

I have read some Orange UK users state that Orange will only add the BBM data plan to coincide with the start of the next billing cycle... could that be your issue and what Orange is awaiting?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chrisatkinson

thanks for your reply it is the service that is £5.00 a month for I think BBM, e-mail definatly but not surte if it includes internet. I think orange offer internet and text free for a month if you top up £10 or more. Noting this is pay as you go... still stuck!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chrisatkinson

I am in the uk but orange call center is in indian, I appriciate your comment but I have been trying to resolve this for nearly a month so unlikley I have missed a cycle and I never had this issue setting up my kids bbm, on those occasions it was within hours of calling 450...
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chrisatkinson

I am in the uk but orange call center is in indian, I appriciate your comment but I have been trying to resolve this for nearly a month so unlikley I have missed a cycle and I never had this issue setting up my kids bbm, on those occasions it was within hours of calling 450...

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
craigashy
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Orange/EE. UK

Hi Chrisatinson.

I to am using Orange, I understand that when you call customer service, they all sound like there from india. they very well maybe. If you call them and ask to speak to someone from there BB tech support team, they will transfer you to who can assist you more. However, I have never had these BIS issues with Orange, that you and alot more people are experiencing. my opion on this is simple and remember its an opion. (Orange & T-mobile are now owned by EE, if you called Orange and asked them, would it work if I was an EE customer, they may say yes, from what I know, there trying to transfer there cutomers to EE and I believe they are coming out with exscuse after exscuse for not activating you BIS on people devices). There is no reason why Orange can not activate your BIS at any given time the £5 it cost either gets taken from your credit or is added to you monthly bill. Also when they say there is a problem with the BlackBerry Servers. they are just passing the Blame. I was at RIM yesterday and had the Full tour. Everything is work to capacity. My advice wold be to call customer service and ask to speak to someone in the BB tech team. I hope you grt this sorted.
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Please use plain text.