Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
wjkp3
My Device: Not Specified

Outlook Folder Synchronization Question

I am using Outllok 2007 and BIS on a BB curve. Is it possible to synch saved messages in child folders within Outlook ie:

Inbox

Folder 1

Folder 2

from the desktop to the device? I have a lot of saved emails I would like to have for reference on my BB but am not sure how I would go about this. Any ideas would be great thanks.

Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: Outlook Folder Synchronization Question

No, you cannot SYNC messges from outlook, it onlt syncs PIM sync item:contacts, calendar, tasks and memo pads. This is regardless of BIS and BES. Only messages comin via BIS will be on BlackBerry
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor
wjkp3

Thanks for the answer, I was pretty sure that was what I would find out but thanks for confirming.
riandeheer

Can anyone explain why this function is not available yet, is it a technical problem?
Developer
Gareth
My Device: 8520, 9700

This request generally comes up with Customers that do not have any BlackBerry Data Plan on there account.

Firstly, I think it is possible to sync Mail but what it syncs I am unsure, Inbox, Folders....?

The BB Desktop Manager has the Synchronize option on the dashboard, when that is opened there is a 'Reconcile Message' Tick box that can be selected. Never used this buts its there and I have had customers use this. Also which Mail Client is used I am also unsure if multiple clients are installed.

However it makes no sense to sync messages because the mail can not be used while mobile.

So it would purely be for reference.

Below it is greyed out due to my install being BES and not BIS.

The second tick is for syncing the Cal, addressbook, etc....for my BIS Device.