Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
loadinglelet
My Device: Blackberry - Pearl - 8100

Outlook express on blackberry?

How do I configure Outlook Express on my PC? I am using my Verizon Blackberry Storm cell for my ISP. I need all the info, I'm not very computer literate, so forgive my dumb questions. What do I need to put in the IP address, TCP/IP, modem, etc. all the information required to set it up. I will mention I have yahoo already set up on my cell and PC. Just can't figure out how to make Outlook Express work. Many thanks in advance!
Make my Blackberry Car Holder
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Outlook express on blackberry?

Hello,

Since you admitted to being a bit computer illiterate, we can forgive you a little. Unfortunately, your inquiry makes no sense.

Your subject line indicates you want Outlook Express to run on your BB -- not possible.

Your next line asks for help configuring OE on your PC -- that's a question for an OE type of forum...this forum is for BB-specific stuff. While BBs can integrate with PC's (and such questions would be good for here), actually configuring and running OE on your PC (sans any BB interaction) is pretty much out of the realm of this site.

Your next line says you are using your VZW BB Storm for your ISP -- I don't believe that it's possible for a BB Storm to be an ISP...so that makes no sense.

Your next line says you need all the info -- what info? I can't figure out what you are trying to accomplish.

Where are you needing to put in the IP address, TCP/IP, modem, etc. settings? Again...I'm not at all sure what you are trying to set up.

Your later sentence says you already have Yahoo working on your cell and your PC...then you say you can't make OE work...again a contradiction.

So, all in all, I'm lost and have no idea how to guide you. If you could clearly state what you are attempting to accomplish, perhaps we can help...but, as it stands from your post, I'm just as lost as you are...

Let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Outlook express on blackberry?

[ Edited ]

Sorry, exactly what are you needing help with?

Are you trying to figure out how to set up your computer to transfer the sent emails from your phone to Outlook Express and to have full email synchronization?

Unfortunately, if this is for your ISP email address, there is no easy way to do this as RIM only provides email synchronization via it's business service (BES).

Now then, I have figured out a way that you can get the emails from your ISP email address to Outlook, but it takes a couple of extra steps.  The way to do this is to log into your ISP's webmail interface (the way you'd access your email if you were away from your computer).  Once you're logged in, go to the Sent items folder and select all of the messages, then move them to your Inbox.  This will then push all of the emails to your computer the next time you open Outlook Express. 

Now there is one more step that you'll need to take.  In Outlook Express, you'll need to set up a rule that any email that comes from you is moved to the Sent folder in Outlook Express.  Run the rule and you'll be good to go (the rule will then automatically move all future emails you do this to).

It's a hassle, and you have to manually move the emails yourself, but at least its an option.

If this isn't actually what you were trying to figure out, then let us know.

(EDIT: Beat by sdgardne.  I hope this helps though!)

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.