Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

PDF Reader for Blackberry

Hello,

is there a good freeware edition for reading pdf documents? I think adobe hasn`t one.

Thanks!

Solutions: 6,136
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PDF Reader for Blackberry

For a PDF sent as an attachment to an email, the native BlackBerry OS will read it, for free.

If you need to view PDF files on your Media Card, there is not a free option... BeamReader, Repligo and PDFtoGo from Dataviz are good options, but commercial. 

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Verizon

Just purchased bb bold from verizon. It will not open a pdf attached in an email!! Can't believe this! It doesn't sync with desktp email without installing a special server? My windows mobile device used to sync perfectly with my office email. Reads pdf and all office files..no wonder blackberry is offering buy one get one free!
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2744), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

kenhsu66 wrote:
Just purchased bb bold from verizon. It will not open a pdf attached in an email!!

Perhaps you could provide more description of what happens? An error message perhaps? Or does it truly just do nothing when you make the attempt? Please provide a complete description of the exact steps you take and exactly what happens. As discussed in this thread, BBs will open PDFs as long as they are an email attachment.

Nevertheless, I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB):

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > blackberry_logo.jpg (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

kenhsu66 wrote:
It doesn't sync with desktp email without installing a special server? My windows mobile device used to sync perfectly with my office email.

WM and BB are not the same. If you were expecting a BB to function exactly like a WM device, then your expectation is where the error is...it is not a "fault" of the device. The device does what it does. Other devices do what they do. None are identical. Each have strengths and weaknesses. Hence, we have many choices and only by knowing for sure beforehand the differences is each person able to select the device that suits their specific needs.

kenhsu66 wrote:
no wonder blackberry is offering buy one get one free!

Blackberry sells no devices. The carriers set the prices, including any promotional offerings they choose.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 Is there any other?
My Carrier: ATT

blackberry for verizon is your problem. switch to At&t and you wont have any of those problems!

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

i have Blackberry 9700 and torch on both pdf file doesnot open. can any one idea aobut it.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 Is there any other?
My Carrier: ATT

A pdf file will open if its attached to an email. However if you'd like to open a .pdf file on your media card, you'll have to use software like documents to go from dataviz. I got it on sale for $19.99. Its well worth it. I hope this helped.
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

[ Edited ]

I have pdf files emailed to me regularly, but when they are opened, the text appears very pixellated. Also, I can only 'open' rather than 'download'.

For a device primarily used for business, this seems very odd. Is this an inherent crappy design flaw, or is there something I am doing wrong?

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Torch 9800
My Carrier: etisalat

[ Edited ]

I wanna download adobe reader for bb torch 9800can send it to my mail <Personal Content Removed> please

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: enterpreneur

I wanna download adobe reader for bb torch 9800 please send it to my mail