Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

r0cky
My Device: 9790

PGP Support for BlackBerry Update

Hi,

Are there any plans, dates or details for an update to the PGP Support for Blackberry package?

Also, what is the process for logging & tracking feature requests relating to this package?

The particular feature we desperately want to see is:

To give a user the ability to send an encrypted e-mail with attachments from a BlackBerry device that is operating the PGP Support for BlackBerry package.

Currently the package can receive (decrypt) emails with attachments and only send (encrypt) emails without attachments. There is no workaround for this and it is a mayor limitation of the PGP Support for BlackBerry package. It is holding back the package from being rolled out to a larger market audience, and limiting existing users tremendously.

This feature request has now been logged with Symantec:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/ideas/pgp-support-blackberry-encrypted-e-mail-attachments

and emailed to bbsuggestions@rim.com

Any advice, comments or thoughts are welcomed.

Thanks,

jayphillips
My Device: Blackberry 9900

Re: PGP Support for BlackBerry Update

I too would love to see this update! I feel most of RIM's resources are probably being put into getting BB 10 and infrastructure ready for launch? 

My workaround for this issue is to install the SMIME support package and have users send encrypted attachments via SMIME. PGP support package has been updated to work with the SMIME package (to a degree). It automatically looks up certificates attached to the PGP users keys and encrypts and decrypts based on those public/private certificates.

Unfortunely the SMIME package isnt as user friendly, users contantly have to hit the blackberry button and then more or more all to load the entire message for longer messages and messages with attachments.

So far I can't seem to get AES Encryption working with the SMIME support package, only have managed to get 3DES and a few other inferior encryption algoriths to work with the SMIME package.