Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

PREloadED Word To Go, NONpremium Edition on my Curve 8900 (T-Mobile)

[ Edited ]

a few parters questions...so start using said app recently:

((1)) So i sent a .doc files (off my PC) to myself through my Yahoo email. I THEN open said email account through my Curve 8900. When I clickED on THE Attachment, menu POPped UP offering:

1) OPEN attachment

2) DOWNLOAD attachment

3) FULL menu

4a) COPY 4b) FILE 4c) DELETE...

...obvious questionS: what are these DIF-FER-ENT choices (which command pertains to the attachment and/or said particular email itself, knowatimean?) BUT MOST IMPORTANT, ESPECIALLY what's the different between 1) AND 2) ??? WHICH ONE should I CHOOSE? Whether I decide to perform 1) OR 2) (basing on you guys' answer(s) ), IS THEN SAID .doc file storeD anywhere on my Curve 8900? WHERE? HOW do I GET to it (for examples: so I can transfer to a 2nd or 3rd or 4th PC, PRINT it out, etc, what else can I do to it? On transferring AND printing said file, what protocol/mechanism of said phone can I use?) ??? Bottom line, HOW do I GET to said file? (I have a microSD card installED if that mattered.)

((2)) Since NON-prenium Word To Go, I can't edit said Word file...BUT my ULTIMATE agenda IS to be able to E-D-I-T said IMported .doc file--withOUT paying ($zero!!) for said EDIT-ING ability (I'm trying to maximize my ability to work on whatever school's paper that I need to type up...whereEVER part of town I'm in--that's all...=MY AGENDA!!)...so I tried docs.google.com ONline (I've got a DATA plan), but UNfortunately, I don't think Google Docs let me edit either, on my Curve 8900 (or am I wrong here/I didn't see/missing something?).......So I need some FREEbies ALTERNATIVEs that suit my AGENDA meaning edit-ABLE AND works on my Curve 8900, whether maybe some (1) FREE app(S) I can get/install at BlackBerry App World, or (2) FREE ONline services ???

Sorry for the somewhat long-winded nature of my dilemma but I thought I made my case in a clear enough manner/presentation/nature.......AND THANKS FORWARD to any help that help me achieve my ULTIMATE goal...SO CHEERS!!!

REGARDS,

Contributor

If I understand correctly,post means Word To Go should EDIT?

If I understand correctly,post means Word To Go should EDIT?

In trying to answer/help myself, I did some Googling and per/@ http://bbgeeks.com/blackberry-applications/the-best-in-free-blackberry-applications-take-2-88381/ , do 2 Ctrl+F's:
(1) Are there any free apps or cheap apps that will let me open and edit word and excel files? I don’t need the power point function. I am self employed so this would be extremely helpful but its hard to justify me spending $50
(2) @oldglory Documents to go is your only option here. If you upgrade your OS to a minimum of 4.5 you will have access to the standard package of Documents To Go

...so (2) is saying Word To Go will let me edit--IF I have BB OS 4.5 or newer??? Is that right? If so, how do I find what OS version is on my Curve 8900?

ABOVE link, again:

http://bbgeeks.com/blackberry-applications/the-best-in-free-blackberry-applications-take-2-88381/

Contributor

word processing anyWHERE, any DEVICE ONline and/or OFF-the-grid, productive use of time on the bus/subway

[ Edited ]

SUBJECT=

word processing anyWHERE, any DEVICE ONline and/or OFF-the-grid, productive use of time on the bus/subway

anyone in similar scenarios/to my so-called MY AGENDA, if you have better solutions in how YOU went about handling YOUR scenarios which obviously YOU thought THE BEST solution FOR YOU, PLEASE DO SHARE!!!

editABLE word processing anyWHERE, any DEVICE ONline and/or OFF-the-grid (with some requisite file transferring among the different deviceS), productive use of time on the bus/subway, you get the ideas!!!

Contributor

Come'on people, you guys gonna let words off a webpage intimidate you? We're only talking about M$ Word/Word To Go here alright, so don't let anything intimidate y'all, you hear ?! ?! WORDs!

so what I'm saying bros and sis's, give moi some love, you hear ?! WORDs!