Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Marcel187
My Device: Bold 9900

Personal email AND Enterprise email on Bold 9900?

I have my own personal blackberry Bold 9900 that I am using for work as well. I wiped it and did the Enterpise activation..great...work emails now coming in.

But now I can't add my personal emails...

So the question is, if I wipe it again, and add my personal emails (gmail, outlook.com) BEFORE I do the enterprise activation...will I still be ableto send receive from my personal accounts as well as have my work email?

Thanks,

M

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Personal email AND Enterprise email on Bold 9900?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The first thing to do is ask your BES admins if they restrict, via IT Policy, the use of personal email on BES-activated BBs. If they do, then you have your choice to make...work only, or personal only. If you choose personal only, then you will need to conduct a specific WIPE:

• KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

If they don't restrict personal email, then I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

If you never de-integrated your personal email accounts from the BB, then they actually should return to it now without you having to do anything further.

I actually recommend getting BES going first, and then adding personal email accounts after it's working well.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Marcel187

Thank you so much for the Throurough response! I contated my BE admin and was told that NO, they do not block personal emails and I should be able to simply click on the add email icon.

Great, BUT...

When I go into email accounts, and click on INTERNET EMAIL....nothing happens...I am at a loss.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...so they don't restrict it...excellent. But you've not said anything about the rest of the instructions I gave you above...the three steps, to be done in order...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Marcel187

ok, I will do th factory reset right now and follow your steps as shown. Will post results shorly.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

STOP!!!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

That is not what I was referring to. Rather, read carefully my post again up there, for I laid a condition on you carrying out that step that, from what you've said, you don't need. Rather, the 3 steps (Register HRT, Resend SBs, Batt Pull Reboot) are what you need to conduct.

Please carefully read what I said up there so that you follow the proper recommendations. Otherwise, you are going to cause yourself much greater problems than you already have.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Marcel187

thanks..but that's OK. B/c there wasn't much data on the device either way, so I am ok wiht the reset.

So I followed the steps. The BB is clean.

When I click on Internet Email...nothing happens. But If I lcick on Enterprise activation, it takes me to the Ent activation page...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Start over. Get your BB working again on BES. After BES is totally complete, then do those three steps that, for some reason, I can't seem to convince you to undertake...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Marcel187

LOL, You convinced me! I followed the steps...again to a T. still nothing....when I hit the internet email button nothing happens...could be a software glitch...I tried going to blackberry.com/integrate to test it...and it worked that way..
Please use plain text.