Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Twisted_Jasmine
My Device: Playbook, Curve
My Carrier: Virgin mobile

Playbook problems

I've had my playbook for nearly a year, and I've loved it up until now. Right now, I just want to throw it out the window. 

There is a whole multitude of issues, and I've been searching these forums for 3 days trying to find something ANYTHING that works. First of all, my wifi is not working. I"ve tried resetting the router, I've tried buying a whole new router, nothing. All my other devices in the house still connect including my blackberry curve, just not the playbook. My computer recognises the playbook, but keeps telling me it needs to be updated when connected with a usb to my pc. But I update it, then it says it  needs an update. When I look on my playbook at what version its running under, it says 2.0.1.358 which is exactly what the computer says I need to update my playbook to. So, all of this started because I wanted to transfer a couple files, which I have done before, I did it 2 months ago, same type of file. So I tried to find the playbook on my list of drivers(like C drive, etc) and when I FIRST plugged it in, it was there, now, its not and no amount of restarting computer, playbook, unplugging, re-plugging, turning off my wifi, bluetooth or anything will bring it back, . I've tried deleting the desktop software and re-downloading it in hopes it may work......but, it made it all worse. Now, every time I open it, the desktop software crashes. Great times....Can someone please help me, up until last week my playbook was amazing :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
aiharkness
My Device: Passport & PlayBook

Re: Playbook problems

Are you still dealing with this.

Here is what I would try.

For Desktop Manager, I would do a clean uninstall and the reinstall. Do a search on clean uninstall desktop manager. You'll find instructions.

For the PlayBook, I would try a security wipe and see what happens.

If the security wipe doesn't fix it, I would then force an OS reinstall. The general procedure is as follows. Start Desktop Manager and connect your PlayBook.. Click device and then click update. You should see the message No Update Available, or maybe not. If you see no update, click ok. Restart the PlayBook. When the PlayBook boots up, you will be prompted to do the update. Proceed with the update.

If you don't see no update after clicking, but instead the update proceeds, I don't know exactly what to do. I would experiment at that point. The idea I'm following is you want Desktop Manager to not be able to communicate with the PlayBook. This triggers the "debrick" process to reload the OS. As I say, I would experiment to find a way to make this happen.

Hope that helps.
- Ira
Please use plain text.