Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: TMobile

Problems syncing BB Bold to Google apps email

I have a BB Bold 9780.  I have my personal gmail account synced to it and previously had my work email synced to it through Outlook.  I just started a new job and deleted the old email sync.  However, my new job uses Google Business Apps and I cannot get it to sync to the new email.  It is a gmail account, but the domain name is not gmail.  I work for an IT firm - they couldn't get it to work.  I went in to T-Mobile (my carrier) - they couldn't get it to work.  I've googled for solutions on line and have not found a solution that works.  I know it needs to be set on IMAP - done.  Other thoughts?

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (, Playbook (
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problems syncing BB Bold to Google apps email

My first thought is that perhaps the IT Policy from your prior employer was not properly removed, and it may be preventing things from functioning. Merely deleting "the old email sync" would not accomplish the removal of an IT Policy (assuming, of course, that your prior employer had you on BES...I cannot tell for sure).

Please confirm...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? click here and also here. Please click here for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button.