Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: BB 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Profile Notifiers not working since upgrading to 5.0.0.900 (BB 8900 on T-Mobile Net)

Last week I upgraded my 8900 to 5.0.0.900 OS and since then my profiles haven't been working right. Mainly SMS/MMS. I have set up a few personal "Contact Alerts", like I have always done, but the specific Ring Tones for messages are not working. It follows the specific profile I am on and not the exception I have established that should overwrite the profile being used. I have had no problems with older BB OS!

Here's an example to help better explain the issue:

I have my phone on silent at night but have a specific "Contact Alert" set up for family members that will ring through no matter what. Phone calls ring through fine. It's just SMS/MMS that do not seem to follow the exception "Contact Alert". Make sense??

I have even blown away all my personal contact alerts and started over and have checked each setting over and over - but nothing works......

Anyone have any ideas on what to do and/or have this problem??

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

~J~
Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Profile Notifiers not working since upgrading to 5.0.0.900 (BB 8900 on T-Mobile Net)

Hey KewlDallas,

You may have a corrupt Sounds/Profiles database. Follow this article to clear the database: http://bbry.lv/buj0rQ then set your profiles and test again to see if you have the same issue.

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: BB 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Profile Notifiers not working since upgrading to 5.0.0.900 (BB 8900 on T-Mobile Net)

-SR.

It makes sense what you have stated and did try it --- cleared the "Sound" DB -- Still having the same issue even after setting up a new profile. Phone call followed the contact alert but SMS/MMS messgae did not.

Any other suggestions??

Thanks

~J~