Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
markclaret
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Orange

RESOLVED - Software Update Frozen - RESOLVED

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Connected my BB Bold 9900 to my computer and Blackberry Desktop told me to update from 7.0 (Bundle 1465) to 7.0 (2406).

I started the update and it went along fine until it reached "Downloaded Modules 252 of 1415" and it's been stuck there for over an hour.

Any ideas? Don't really ewant to unplug my usb in case it crashes the current OS.

Any help is much appreciated :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Software Update Frozen

Go ahead and unplug your USB cord and close down BlackBerry Desktop Software.  Connect once again and follow any prompts you are given i.e. updates or problems loading updates, please try again, etc.

Unplugging your phone during an update is not usually recommended however we can help you recover your phone if you encounter a problem, so go ahead and unplug it and start over.

Please post back with your results.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
markclaret
My Carrier: Orange

Worked fine. Thanks :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

If everything's running smoothly, good for you.  If you encounter any more issues, just let us know.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
RichardGriff89
My Carrier: Orange UK

Similar thing happens to me I plug my 9900 into laptop and Blackberry Desktop Manager it automatically starts backup process, when it gets to Backing up Smart Card Options 1 of 1 Record. It freezes on that process and really need to update the phone device software.

Please use plain text.
chaffy
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: T Mobile

Hi, I Connected my BB Bold 9800 to my computer and Blackberry Desktop told me to update from 6.0 (Bundle 695) to6.0 (Bundle 2949) I started the update and it went along fine, it has backed up my device and then says connecting to device. it's been stuck there for hours. Any ideas? I unplugged the device, shut down the desktop manager, restarted again and the same thing happens. It just doesnt want to update. The current OS is still working fine. Any help is much appreciated . Chaffy
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Rawan19981
My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: Wataniya

when your phone is connected and all things are fine, click "device", "back up", instead of "full backup" choose "costume" check the box next to "all data" then scroll down and find "social feeds". untick it and back up 

it should work :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
ZanPam
My Carrier: Cell C

I am stuck. Been unplugging and replugging for over a day now. My phone has been on "error 507" ever since. please help!!!!! :Helpsmilie:

Please use plain text.