Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

My Device: Curve 9360
My Carrier: Wind

RETRIEVING DATA FROM BLACKBERRY PROTECT

Hi,

I have a Bold 9700 which have not been using for the past 6 months because I live in Canada now . I currently use a Curve 9360 so I only refer to the 9700 for contacts and other information. 

However I exhausted my  password trials and got into security wipe on the 9700 losing all my data in the process. I remember using blackberry protect to back up the 9700 when I was still using it back in my home country

Please, how can I retrieve all my contacts which I have been keeping over the years? 

I figure that since I use blackberry protect to back up the phone I should be able to get my data back somehow.

Kindly advise.

Regards

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: RETRIEVING DATA FROM BLACKBERRY PROTECT

Hello BBM1

Welcome to the Community

To restore a Backup file from Blackberry Protect, you have to have a Blackberry data plan on the phone because you need to login with the Blackberry ID (BB Protect Login). After this, download Blackberry Protect on the phone by visiting http://blackberry.com/protect using its browser. After you log in, it will ask you to Restore from Backup or Start to Backup (this is critical and you have to choose Restore from Backup or else it will start a new backup with it and archive your Backup File) After restoring it from the Backup File you saved in the past, it should them have all the Contacts and other information you need.

Goodluck and hope this resolves the problem

Ron

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter