Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
Bo1duser
My Device: Bold 9900

Read messages showing up unread on BB

I setup my Gmail on my device. If I read it on the BlackBerry it shows up as read on my desktop which is the expected behaviour but when I read the message on my desktop, the message shows up as unread on my BlackBerry. I searched but can't find a fix for this.

I'm also on the BES for my corporate account and don't have this problem.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Read messages showing up unread on BB

Hi there!

Please see this article for information:

KB05133 Email reconciliation features for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Which means -- WAD...Working As Designed.

Hope that helps...well, at least to understand it.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Bo1duser

Thanks so much for the reply but I don't understand why this would be WAD feature??  I find it a nuisance to have to go to my device and mark the messages read.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Sorry...but the "why" question is beyond my purview. The folks inside of RIM are in control of their design criteria (and they don't typically release such proprietary information). I can point you to how things work, but why they work that way...that's something I have no insight into. I don't disagree with your point, however, of it being a nuisance...I'd prefer it otherwise myself, but that's not something I can affect.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Bo1duser

lol...it was more a rhetorical question but thanks for the attempt!

this isn't an issue on BES so I'm wondering why it is on BIS...perhaps it's to do with the company (Hotmail, Google, etc) considering it isn't an issue with Yahoo....not a big deal, just curious.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

One think I can tell you is that the public documentation about how BIS reconciles has, as a direct result of issues raised in this community forum, received new attention from the folks inside of RIM. Up until just a couple of weeks ago, the articles we had to cite were flat out incorrect...which, in my mind, is worse than receiving information that is not pleasant...at least the KB is accurate now.

In addition, the price differential between BIS and BES might also be a factor as to why one works with more enhancements.

Cheers!

Message Edited by sdgardne on 08-04-2009 03:20 PM

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates