Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Records

Hey All

I have service through Alltel.  I have the unlimited plan.  As a result my phone bill never shows data calls but just the amount of kb's used.  I need a copy of not just the call times and lengths but the websites visited.  Can anyone point me to the right direction to collect this information? 

Thanks much

D. Mc.

Solutions: 6,122
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Records

Your carrier is about the only place that would have those browser records, other than the history with the browser.

For the calls... visit your main messages folder > Menu > View Folder > Phone Call Logs.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Alltel told me to contact BIS.  The calls are NOT listed even on the phone.  It is a data call and is not logged and since the plan is unlimited they do not log it into the phone bill either.

There has to be records kept by law for a certain period of time.  This is due to the multiple issues with bad things happening online.

I just don't know exactly who to contact.

Thanks

How about telling us what you think are "data calls"?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

All I know is what Alltel told me which was that going on to the internet shows up as "data calls" rather than MOBILE or something like that.  And the number will show as 000-000-0000,  if going onto the internet goes against your minutes, on the bill.  This does not show on my phone log.  Nor does it show on the bill from Alltel because I am unlimited (according to Alltel).

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

as said above, the only place you can get any info is from your service provider Alltel. no where else.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor

Hey Again..and Thanks

I will check once more...but I'm unclear as to why Alltel would tell me the above mentioned and send me to blackberry since they are the ISP? 

Thanks

Because sometime, people are just wrong.

We could be, too, but I really don't think so in this case.

Good luck with it.

Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

dmccarter wrote:

All I know is what Alltel told me which was that going on to the internet shows up as "data calls" rather than MOBILE or something like that.  And the number will show as 000-000-0000,  if going onto the internet goes against your minutes, on the bill.  This does not show on my phone log.  Nor does it show on the bill from Alltel because I am unlimited (according to Alltel).

Thanks

If you use you BB to tether or use it for data / browsing the web, you are using yoru carriers network.  This is not something RIM controls but rather your carrier.  Alltel is the only one that can tell you.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/