Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9300 Curve
My Carrier: RSA Vodacom
Accepted Solution

Reload BIS after OS reinstall

Hi, I have a BB 9300 Curve running os6, the OS is giving me problems since it's first day…now I've decided to reinstall os6 and I already have everything that's needed ready, but I need to know if my BIS will still be activated and work after the OS reinstall? Please help
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Re: Reload BIS after OS reinstall

Yes it will still be there.

...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Contributor

Thank you Ronbob! I was really worried that my BIS will need re-activation after the os install, now I feel more confident.
Forums Veteran I

You're welcome
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up Smiley Happy

Contributor

I have so many questions since it's my first time doing an os reinstall…I was wondering will I have the same BB Pin as the one before I reloaded the OS?
Forums Veteran I

Yes the PIN can never be changed because it is attached to the phone.

Highlighted
Contributor

Thank you, I was also wondering that if I reload the original carrier's OS (RSA MTN) to the bb, do I need to unlock it again for the other carrier (RSA Vodacom)?
Forums Veteran I

No need to unlock it again however, loading an OS from another Carrier works differently than the normal way. For it to be easy for you, load your Carrier's official OS version.

Ron

Contributor

Okay, but I'm using the MTN's official os, but I have a Vodacom SIM Card inserted…will that still function the same as before the os reload?
Forums Veteran I

It should still work the same. I'm referring to other Carrier where the phone didn't originate.