Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
jjanderson5
My Device: 8700g

Re: Remove IT Policy from personal phone

I did not do any restoring. After I loaded the software using apploader, the first thing I tried to do was dial my home phone number. This is when I found out that the IT policy was still in place.

I will try doing the procedure again and post back after I have done so, but it will be several days before I will have the chance to try again.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

[ Edited ]

jjanderson5 wrote:

the first thing I tried to do was dial my home phone number. This is when I found out that the IT policy was still in place.

Uhhh...really? I've never heard of such a method to determine the existence of an IT Policy. Very interesting.

BTW - I just yesterday remove my BB from BES and then removed the IT Policy. So I know that these procedures do work, or at least did for me.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
jjanderson5
My Device: 8700g

I'm sorry to take so long to respond. I've been busy with lots of other things, but I finally got back to my Blackberry.

Just to explain. I tested by dialing my home phone, not to check the IT policy, but just to see if I was still being blocked,

which if it works, implies that the IT policy is not interferring with normal operation of the phone.

Anyway, I was able to get my Blackberry 8700, the one I had problems with last fall, working today. I did this by doing the

following:

1) Upgrade my Desktop Manager

2) Downloaded the latest release for my device

3) Downloaded jl_cmder v1.9.4

4) Ran jl_cmder and tried a factory reset from it. Tried calling home, but no luck

5) Ran 'wipe in jl_cmder and cleared the device software and data from my cell phone

6) Using Desktop Manager, I installed the device software from step 2. Tried calling home, but no luck

7) In Desktop Manager, I clicked on the '?' (help) button and then

selected: Support resources --> Support tools --> Reset (Reset to Factory Settings).

I then tried calling home and it worked :smileyhappy:

Visitor
iminslc
My Device: 8520

Remove IT Policy from personal phone

I can't believed finally somebody posted the perfect and only solution to this annoying problem. Thank you very much

Visitor
Caja1958
My Device: i have many models

Hi is it possible to download desktop manager without selecting a phone model cause I sell used cell phones and I have many models?

I also would like to know  if there is a version of desktop manager that can remove it policy for all phone models or do I need more than a version.

Thank you

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Caja1958 wrote:

Hi is it possible to download desktop manager without selecting a phone model cause I sell used cell phones and I have many models?

The RIM Desktop Software has zero ties to any specific BB model. The Device OS Packages are indeed tied to specific device models.

You can obtain the Desktop Software here:

And you can obtain the Device OS Packages here:

Caja1958 wrote:

I also would like to know  if there is a version of desktop manager that can remove it policy for all phone models or do I need more than a version.

Typically, it's a good idea to install both the Desktop Software and the Device OS Package (in that order, btw) to your computer in order to execute the ResetToFactory actions. The actions are quite destructive and indeed replace the OS that is already installed on the BB...so the OS package is needed to do so.

If you are managing multiple devices, then yes it can become a bit of labor to constantly remove and install the OS packages. But, you can install the Desktop Software just once, and then install/remove/install/etc. the OS packages as necessary for each device you need to manage.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code