Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
chbb
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: Remove IT Policy from personal phone

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me.

I have a used BB Tour 9630 that has an IT Policy which is restricting me from setting up and using a personal email account.

I have followed the instructions on using apploader to reset the device to factory settings several times.

While the process seems to work as described - dos command, wipe, reboot, and reinstall - each time the process completes the 'I want to use a work email account with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server' is the only option available when setting up an account.  Which leads me to believe the IT Security Policy is still in place.

Is there anything else I can try or some super-wipe process to follow? 

Thank you for your assistance!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

That message does not mean what you think it means. To use the proprietary personal RIM Push email capability, you must have an adequate data plan from your carrier. The carriers host BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) for their personal BB users. Typically, BIS is not available via generic data plans. Many carriers call what is necessary The Blackberry Data Plan. Whatever they call it, it is the carrier who delivers BIS to their BB users -- contact them for assistance. Once you have a BIS-capable data plan on your BB (at whatever fees your carrier will charge, btw), you will then have Personal Email added to the email setup wizard. You will still see the Enterprise setup...but you will also then see the Personal option.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
chbb
My Device: Tour 9630

Thank you sdgardne! You were absolutely correct, the issue was with the service provider. I had wasted several hours wiping and rewiping...thanks for saving me from more wasted cycles.
New Contributor
issamoha
My Device: Blackberry 9700

Yuppyyyy That did it

YOU are the best

Thanks a million

papitock
My Device: Bold 9000

Thanks so much.  Your instructions fixed my phone, too!!

KaLin
My Device: Not Specified

srrudloff1
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8830

In Windows 7 When the Start>Run>CMD screen opens "c:\users\Sierra>" is already inputted, so there is no way to bring up the file in program files instead of under "sierra".

This is so frustrating!!

Thanks!

New Contributor
ktabi83
My Device: curve 8530

Hi There,

My Blackberry was frozen since yesterday evening and have spend most of today trying to find out how to resolve my problem.  I tried soft and hard reset methods but neither worked.  Couldn't connect to my desktop manager to fix problem through that so thought my last option would be to wipe all data off my phone.  Luckily there wasn't anything important or I couldn't get back on it.  Your post was great!! Quick & easy to understand, i did it straight away.

Thanks so much Katie.

lddynmq
My Device: Not Specified

for windows 7 the command prompt is: CD C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

the other only works for XP copy and paste the whole thing beginning with CD. 

New Contributor
stabm1948
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

Hi,thanks for your imput but i'm not able to do it as on your blog need to see a friend

who is techno minded:smileywink:will let you know the outcome

if he can do it lol:smileyvery-happy:

regards