Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 8520

Re: Remove IT Policy from personal phone

Hi,thanks for your time it finally worked yippeeee your the manSmiley Very Happy

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

YEAH! Smiley Very Happy Finally worked for me! I had tried doing this for maybe 10 times tonight and it would NOT work. Finally saw you note about making sure that the "BlackBerry Desktop Manager" is not running in the background. When i close it, it worked!

Developer
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: vzw

Does this trick work with all versions of desktop manager? I am probably getting a used 8330 for my mom today and I know it's IT enabled.

So I was wondering if I will need to get the old DM before I could do this.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello,

Yes...it is supposed to...see these KB's for reference:

• KB18998How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults
  •  KB02318How to delete all data or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone

I have a suspicion that the KB's are not all up to date for DTM 6.x...but it's worth a try. You can always get older DTM versions here if needed:

Good luck!

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
Developer
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: vzw

sdgardne wrote:

Hello,

Yes...it is supposed to...see these KB's for reference:

• KB18998How to reset the BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults
  •  KB02318How to delete all data or all data and applications on the BlackBerry smartphone

I have a suspicion that the KB's are not all up to date for DTM 6.x...but it's worth a try. You can always get older DTM versions here if needed:

Good luck!

Hey thanks, I will wait and try it with my DTM 6 and hopefully that will work and save me from having to downgrade. 

My Device: 8830
My Carrier: Telus

It worked!!! Many approaches and yours finally did it. And it was so easy.  Smiley Very Happy

New Contributor
My Device: cure 8530
My Carrier: verizon

Hi I recently bought a blackberry curve 8530 and it came with an it policy. I feel like I have tried everything on here to get it off. Can someone explain it a little better. I'm really struggling with this???

New Contributor

Hi I recently bought a blackberry curve 8530 and it came with an it policy. I feel like I have tried everything on here to get it off. Can someone explain it a little better. I'm really struggling with this???

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello chardenise1,

did you read the three pages of this discussion?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

I did I tried the policybin way and the resetto factory way. I dont know if I am typing the code wrong or what but neither seem to do anything.