If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
jhoop2002
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Remove IT Policy from personal phone

I have a storm and my company just started a demo for blackberries.  Even though I don't have the enterprise data plan, I was curious to see if I could connect my phone to the BES we setup.  The answer was no, however, the BES did put an IT policy on my phone.  Some bluetooth options are now disabled.

I've wiped, connected to the BES Admin service and deleted all data and disabled - then connected to Desktop Manager and reloaded the OS.  The IT policy is still there,

How can I remove this IT policy?????

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Remove IT Policy from personal phone

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Here's a procedure that others have used:

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_remove_the_IT_Policy_on_my_BlackBerry%3F

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jhoop2002

that won't work because I can't download the policy.bin file.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Oh that's right...someone else recently replied that the blank policy was no longer there. Rats...well, then how about the official KB...your BES admins may have to do it...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14202&slic...

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Try the original one again...it's been fixed...

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jhoop2002

I don't have the enterprise data plan, so I shouldn't have been able to connect to the BES at all!!!  But somehow it did and picked up a policy.  So actually connecting to the BES (OTA) is out of the question.

I did try connecting it via usb to the BES, and put a blank IT policy on - but my bluetooth is still all screwed up.

-----

I also downloaded the policy.bin file and followed the instructions - no luck.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK, so you have a good blank IT policy? From your BES or the one from the other link? If from your BES, perhaps there's something left behind...who knows. Try the one from the BBFAQ link and see if that isn't better.

And..."all screwed up"...more details?

Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Crackberry
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500

There is a method you can use to remove the IT policy using the official RIM loader.exe application. This is a much cleaner method & leaves NO trace of ANY IT POLICY.

You need to ensure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed & also have the latest device software installed for your device.

Desktop software and device software are available here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

You will need to select your carrier from the list in your region.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS METHOD WILL WIPE YOUR DEVICE TO A FACTORY STATE, REMOVING ALL PERSONAL DATA & REMOVE THE IT POLICY.

If there is anything important on your device, please back up using the "ADVANCED" function on Backup/Restore in desktop manager.

I suggest you backup only what you need, ie SMS, Contacts etc. Please note that you can actually backup the IT policy, so if you do this, when you restore the backup to your device, the IT policy you had just removed will be restored on the device (FAIL!)

If you are unsure how to backup your device via the advanced method, please PM me and I can walk you through. 

Please ensure that your device is plugged into your PC via USB if you chose to skip the backup, if you hadnty plugged it in already.

After you have done the backup, you will need to open a command prompt on your PC, by going to Start -> Run, typing in cmd and pressing enter.

In the command prompt, you will need to locate the Apploader folder, provided you have a C drive, it will be located at:

C:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

(the command you would use is cd \program files\common files\research in motion\apploader)

You will then type in (without the quotes) "loader.exe /resettofactory"

The device will then proceed to wipe itself and then restart.

All that is left after your device has started back up is to restore your personal data :smileyhappy:

Let me know how you go :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jhoop2002

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Using the apploader worked!!!  No more IT Policy.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader>loader.exe /resettofactory

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Crackberry,

That was an outstanding post.

Kudo's to you!

I looked up the procedure in the knowledgebase and found the KB.

Click here: KB17215 How to use loader.exe in Desktop manager 4.7

Thanks for great info!

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.