Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Removing Blackberry Messenger

You have to have the BlackBerry Desktop Software installed on your computer. Also, if you have a 64-bit version of Windows, then for Step 2, you actually want to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\...

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
deaver_92
My Device: Curve 8530

Sorry about that. Should have mentioned that. You have to install your phone software onto your computer first. I forget exactly how to do it. Do a google search to find out how. Once you install the phone software the directory will be on your computer.
~Life sometimes takes you where you don't want to go...instead of fighting it, roll with it and you will be out in no time.
New Contributor
deaver_92
My Device: Curve 8530

Thanks for the tip Krypto. For this to work, though, it is also essential to have your phone's operating system installed on your computer. I'll put the process into some nice easy steps:

NOTE: You must do these steps from your computer. They cannot be done from your phone.

1. Check to see if it is already installed. If it is refer to my first post unless you are having trouble. To check if your phone OS is installed go to the control panel and open Programs and Features. If it's installed you will see "Blackberry Device Software vX.X.X for the Blackberry XXXX smartphone". The X's will be replaced with numbers on your computer. If you do not see this or you are having trouble with the steps in my first post continue with these steps.

2. Now check your current OS version on your phone. To do this open Options then click About. It should be the 3rd line down.

3. Now you need to find that OS on the internet. The first place to look would be your service provider's website. Try googling your software version followed by your service provider's name. If that doesn't work go to your service provider's website and do a search from there.

4. There should be an option somewhere to download the OS to your computer. If you do not have access to the internet on your home computer simply go to a computer that does and download the OS to a removable drive.

5. Once you have the files on your computer open the .exe file and follow the prompts.

6. Verify that the OS was installed by doing step one again.

7. Now you should find the Blackberry.alx file by going to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\[Your Blackberry Version].

NOTE: As per Krypto's post, if you have a 64-bit version of Windows go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\[Your Blackberry Version].

8. Now follow the steps in my first post.

~Life sometimes takes you where you don't want to go...instead of fighting it, roll with it and you will be out in no time.
chargaa
My Device: Blackberry curve 9300

Can you turn off bbm yes or no?!? Somebody tell mee!!
JSanders
Solutions: 5,992
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

No, you can't turn it off.

• You can make your status unavailable, but will still receive messages.
  • You can remove/delete the application off of your BlackBerry at Options > Device > Applications > Scroll to it and delete it.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code