Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Reply Address in emails

Hi

I have several email accounts and I redirect all oif them to Gmail in order to cut out Spam (which Gmail does really well). However, when I recive a message to my BB 8300 and I reply to it, the reply always goes back to the sender from my Gmail account - ie I do not get a choice of what account to reply from. However, If I write a new message it allows me to dropdown a list to choose which account to email from. Is there any way to make the From field visible so that I can make that choice (as I can in Outlook on my PC)

Many thanks in advance

Hugh

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Reply Address in emails

no.
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi hcurran,

The option you are looking for is in this link from gmail:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=22370

Please let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

That does NOT change the From header, rather, this changes the From: header.  These are two distinct and individual values.

It also adds a Sender: header which many mail clients interpret as the on behalf of stuff.

All that said,  are you sure you can change the From: header on a Reply?

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Windmobile

from my experience you can only do this if you use the google app ... it will send from the account which received the email if you have set this up in the 'settings' portion of gmail.

the 'enhanced bb app' ... does NOT seem to be very enhanced as it does not allow you to do this ...

does anyone have any other information on this topic?

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Their is an app in the appworld called "forward, reply and edit".  It does allow you to change the email from address.  This is a work around but RIM needs to develop a native solution....just my two cents.

My Device: Not Specified

This problem could be due to the lack of GPRS service. GPRS stands for General Packet Radio Service, and it’s what allows your device to access data. The first thing you should do is perform a soft reset. If that doesn’t work, perform a hard reset. After both resets, check your wireless antenna signal strength. The antenna should show GPRS. If you can still make phone calls and access the Web, then your GSM service is still available. Try sending yourself an email – does it work? If it doesn’t, call your BlackBerry provider. Sometimes, your service could be delayed due to a billing problem or to downtime on the network.

Cool Information Here! NS0-502 | OG0-093 | PK0-003
Visitor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: 9700

I was very sad when i heard that black berry service has closed in Asia. I have used many mobile but i was satisfied only black berry service but black berry have not good email service which is a big issue but I am waiting next model of black berry that when is come in the market?  Exact Cram | Pass Cram | 1z0-2061z0-54300M-60900M-642000-M60