Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

JAK
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

SBS 2003 Server & email

Hi everyone!

This is my third post regarding not being able to set up my email and I found out a little more info today. We are using SBS 2003 for a server and this is maybe why I'm having problems. We use excange and access our email with Microsoft web access away from the office. I was told that I may have to buy additional software and run a seperate computer just for the Blackberry. Does anyone know if this is true? The problem is that I keep getting a message saying a connection could not be made and to check the server name is correct and available. I know the server name is correct. We have a small office and ther will only be 3 of us using Blackberries. I told my boss how nice they are and easy to use so I'm trying to not eat my words. If anyone can help I sure can use it.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: SBS 2003 Server & email

I have read your older posts as well. I would suggest calling your service provider BB support, and since you cant set it up, they will transfer you to RIM support, who will give you the root cause of the issue.

Now as a workaround you can create a blackberry.net email address on your BIS account and change the reply to  address to your 'company@domain.com' address and then set up forwarding rule on your exchange server. Hope this helps.

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
JAK
New Contributor

I will try this thanks!
JAK
New Contributor

when I do the work around, will I be able to set it up using my existing email address?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

I meant creating a blackberr.net address on your BIS account and then forward your company mail to that address. I am not sure what you meant by 'when I do the work around, will I be able to set it up using my existing email address?'
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.