Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Securtiy for BB

Just wanted to make a quick post on this. I have a personal BB device, at work we have a enterprise server but they wont hook up my personal because they say that it uses a license and that would take one up. They wont provide one but I need to get my work email sometimes. If i add all the info in the BIS site that includes the password that i have on my account. Is that information secure? The password and such is what im referring to. Also what about the email that is coming from persay the web access is it secure also?
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Securtiy for BB

theclarks1 wrote:
Just wanted to make a quick post on this. I have a personal BB device, at work we have a enterprise server but they wont hook up my personal because they say that it uses a license and that would take one up. They wont provide one but I need to get my work email sometimes. If i add all the info in the BIS site that includes the password that i have on my account. Is that information secure? The password and such is what im referring to. Also what about the email that is coming from persay the web access is it secure also?

Regarding the license; yes.  Each BES user requires a BES CAL.

Is it secure to use BIS?  ... well, if it were up to me I would never let anyone on my network use BIS.  The password is stored somewhere on a RIM server; I certainly don't consider that secure.

That said, I do use BIS, and have BIS integrated an Exchange mailbox through OWA.  The account I use has no privileges in the Domain that it is a part of.

I would recommend asking someone from your IT department if this is ok before doing it.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/