Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Contributor
gosegura
My Device: Bold 9780

Re: Setting BlackBerry OS 6 to use HotSpot browser

That is correct, some pages works fine with wifi, somes only works with my mobile network, no matter if i am connected to a wifi hotspot or not, with mobile.blackberry.com supportforums.blackberry.com hotmail.com my 9780 force the 3G connection. I know is weird, that is the reason i am thinking there is some kind of restriction from my mobile operator.

Thanks a lot
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

I am unable to start finding a beginning of explanation. Sorry gosugura, I capitulate.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,957
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

gosegura wrote:
 i am thinking there is some kind of restriction from my mobile operator.

Thanks a lot

Could be just that... but i really don't know. You'd need to call them.

DID these sites which now seem restricted work properly in the past?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
gosegura

In the past, and the present works, because, using my SIM in my old 8900, that sites works fine, no problem at all, I call him a twice, but they really dont know or they dont want to say me if that sites are bloked with OS6.

I really think there is some kind of restriction with OS6 and that sites, because using Opera or Bolt, works great in that sites, when i try with native browser, the problem returns.. I will try with the last available OS for my device, i will post here any news about this

Thanks guys for your time!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
gosegura

Well

I install OS6 app .666, and, no work, at least for 2 minutes, LOL. When my handheld was registered to the Mobile Network, again was impossible to surf via WIFI pages i have mention here. So, in fact, is my mobile network providor who have blocked that pages.

Thanks a lot guys for your time and your help

Regards from Mexico

Please use plain text.
New Developer
calkenneth
My Device: Bold 9700

The problem I have is similar.  If the Wifi hotspot requires the browser to log-in (with a password or something else like checking an "Accept the terms and conditions box") it won't work.  It'll see the wifi router, associate with it, but it won't use it ofr anything.

With the old OS 5, it used to allow you to access the website to log-in.  How come OS 6 doesn't allow this anymore?  And yes, I've disabled Browser Push.

(Wifi works great at home since I don't have a password requirement - just the WPA key).

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prems1178
My Device: BOLD 9780

will we get wifi hotspot in os 6 ? black berry sucks , but iphone has upgraded its older mobile set to latest os .. why not BB .. if this will be the trend .. ppl will surely move away from BB .... for sure

Please use plain text.
JSanders

prems1178 wrote:

will we get wifi hotspot in os 6 ? black berry sucks , but iphone has upgraded its older mobile set to latest os .. why not BB .. if this will be the trend .. ppl will surely move away from BB .... for sure

Surely, for sure?

Yes, as you can read in this thread, OS6 devices DO have the ability to use your HotSpot browser when connected to only a WiFi hotspot and not  your mobile network. Your 9780 already does that, without any upgrade.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
prems1178
My Device: BOLD 9780

Hi I did not ask for a browser I asked fir wifi hotspot i.e I need to use the BB as wireless modem to access data wirelesslt in my laptop or my tablet or another smartphone like BB os 7 or iphone or samsung wifihotspot.l
Please use plain text.
JSanders

oh, my big mistake.

You're posting in a thread about using the HotSpot browser. Scroll up and read. Your topic has nothing to do with this thread.

Perhaps you can post your own thread, and be a little less combative with the "sucks" stuff.

We're here to help, we don't work for RIM  -- we're volunteers, and quite frankly, attitudes like yours are not ones that get a lot of loving and that I care to be around.

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.