Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Device software

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9900

Software BlackBerry Bold 9900 + apps.

Good night,

I would your help, to create a version of the BlackBerry software that comes with the installed applications.

I work in a bank, and provide 600 BlackBerrys for users. And we have to update the software of a device at a time and then select applications that want to remove.

Is this possible?

Thank you,

Lindolfo

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z-10

Re: Software BlackBerry Bold 9900 + apps.

Hello lqueiroz;

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question.

You can distribute the BlackBerry Device software via the BlackBerry Enterprise Server; however, most of the prepackaged applications that are present with each of the Operating Systems are what the service provider chooses to add to the public deployment of the BlackBerry device Operating System. As such, it would not be possible to “rework” as it were, the BlackBerry Operating System to not include these applications and therefore they must be removed through BlackBerry Enterprise Server policies, or through the manual update exclusion process.

Depending on your platform, the information for a BlackBerry device Operating System update through the BlackBerry Enterprise Server may be found in the BlackBerry Administration Guide.

Documents on the supported platforms can be found at BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.

Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this specific request.

BlackBerry Documents

BlackBerry Knowledgebase

MAD-VIKING